Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Source for 022-133-083 rubber Y?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BillC
I'm in the process of cleaning/painting my engine tins and replacing all of the vacuum and fuel hoses, and found a problem -- the rubber "Y" that connects the auxiliary air valve and the decel valve to the intake plenum is cracked. The part has the number 022-133-083 on it.

I googled that part number, and found a few places selling a version with a "D" suffix. Unfortunately, it turns out to be the wrong part (too long, holes too big). Does anyone know of a source for the correct part? I tried searching the 914Rubber site, but couldn't find it (site is kinda hard to search). I've also sent Mikey914 a PM, but if he's travelling it might take a while to get a reply.

I might be able to repair the part by coating it in silicone, but I'd really rather just get a new (and correct) replacement.

Thanks!
rgalla9146
QUOTE(BillC @ Dec 31 2015, 01:32 PM) *

I'm in the process of cleaning/painting my engine tins and replacing all of the vacuum and fuel hoses, and found a problem -- the rubber "Y" that connects the auxiliary air valve and the decel valve to the intake plenum is cracked. The part has the number 022-133-083 on it.

I googled that part number, and found a few places selling a version with a "D" suffix. Unfortunately, it turns out to be the wrong part (too long, holes too big). Does anyone know of a source for the correct part? I tried searching the 914Rubber site, but couldn't find it (site is kinda hard to search). I've also sent Mikey914 a PM, but if he's travelling it might take a while to get a reply.

I might be able to repair the part by coating it in silicone, but I'd really rather just get a new (and correct) replacement.

Thanks!

Post a picture.
stinkindiesel
I've had no luck finding one of those either. Right now I'm running a standard 9mm hose with a 5mm hose barb cut into the side to form the Y. Apparently, this is a single year/engine piece, so isn't being reproduced. I'm not even sure any of the VW 411 or bus applications used it.

Gary
Mikey914
I'll make these. As we all can use them. Just need a suitable sample to start with.
mark
Dave_Darling
You can make something that will work out of plumbing supplies. It may not be right, but if you're only concerned with functionality it should do.

--DD
BillC
Here's a pic of my old one, compared with a new one that's obviously too large. The graph paper is 1/4" squares, so you can get an idea of scale.
Click to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
Silicone the small metal tube in there as a temp solution?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.