Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seating room in a 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
giginfrogg
Im wanting a 914 but im 6'3" 240ish would I fit in one. I fit in a vw beetle fine.
EdwardBlume
No problem. So long as you take the seat cushion out.
Hank914
Yes you'll be fine. If you have an extra long torso just pop the top and there's max headroom.
giginfrogg
QUOTE(Hank914 @ Dec 31 2015, 01:57 PM) *

Yes you'll be fine. If you have an extra long torso just pop the top and there's max headroom.

I thought I might, just checking. Thanks!

DBCooper
That's exactly my size. Fit fine.

LowBridge
I'm 6' 2" 300 and my son is 6' 4" 215, I fit find for a fat man however my son has 34-36 inseam and his legs will hit the wheel if the seat is not all the way back. however he loves the car and drives it all the time.
mbseto
A 914 is like a Tardis.
DBCooper
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Dec 31 2015, 11:03 AM) *

That's exactly my size. Fit fine.

I should have given that some more thought. I have an aftermarket steering wheel on a quick-release with a 3" spacer, so it puts a smaller wheel more toward my chest and THAT fits fine. That probably won't be the same for you, so maybe not a good example.

gereed75
I am 6'4" 220. 34" in seam. I fit ok. Have driven many miles in a stock 914. Seat cushion comes out on track days to fit helmet

My son is 6'4" 300# ex NFL line man. He fits seems to fit with my smaller wheel but has not driven extensively.

More room than you might think.
damesandhotrods
Once you’re in you should be ok. But the getting in and getting out especially with the roof on can be challenging…
giginfrogg
Thanks fellas. My inseam is 31-2 or so.
I think ill get one. welcome.png
iwanta914-6
I'm 6'4" 210lb w/34" inseam. I've been wondering the same question for a while, glad to hear that others with similar stature can fit though it may not be ideal.

Eventually I'll get a 914, but with the prices rising so quickly I'm not so sure.
JmuRiz
Wow all these 6'4" people with a 34" inseam...I'm only 6' with the same.

Legs fit fine, I'm sure your torso would fit too (height-wise) and should be just fine with a stock seat.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.