Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What lug to use
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rmital
Standard or alloy longer bolt for this wheel?
mepstein
I imagine whatever length gets you through the wheel and engages all the threads in the hub.
ThePaintedMan
Those are EMPI wheels, same as I have on my track car. Standard lugs are what I use and never had a problem, even with track use.
Tom_T
IIRC EMPI had their own length lug between the OEM steel & alloy sizes for those wheels to get full thread depth engagement.

There are several new repops/repros of that 8-spoke style out there who may also sell that length & type lug as the original EMPIs. Look in Hemmings Sports & Exotics for their ads, or in the Classic Motorsports 2014-15 issue which covered all the new & repro period wheels now available - including at least 2 repops of your style. (sorry, but I don't recall which issue, but the article should be up on their website by now).

Cheers, Happy & Safe NY! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
wndsnd
I think I have a box of beat up chrome lugs for those wheels that if I find you can have for USPS shipping.

PM me if interested.
rmital
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Dec 31 2015, 03:54 PM) *

I think I have a box of beat up chrome lugs for those wheels that if I find you can have for USPS shipping.

PM me if interested.

PM on its way!
Thanks!!
wndsnd
Found them.

On way...

rmital
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Dec 31 2015, 04:29 PM) *

Found them.

On way...

Thanks again! Happy New Year!! flag.gif
zambezi
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Dec 31 2015, 03:29 PM) *

Found them.

On way...

Those are tapered seats not ball seats like the Porsche and VW use. Are you sure they will go with the Empi's?
wndsnd
They came with the Empis I bought at one time for my car. If they do not work for Ray, he can bring them to Hershey this year! They are a little longer than stock if I remember correctly.
rmital
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Jan 1 2016, 10:57 AM) *

They came with the Empis I bought at one time for my car. If they do not work for Ray, he can bring them to Hershey this year! They are a little longer than stock if I remember correctly.

yep...if not right, I'll have them at Hershey flag.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.