Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: weird brake issue
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tat2dphreak
I was trying to get my PB working today... but one of my calipers wasn't releasing at all... like the spring wasn't doing anything... I was very confused... so I pulled the caliper off, and still couldn't figure it out... finally my buddy said, "dude, what's supposed to be pushing against this spring... turns out the pin that the spring pulls against was SHEARED off even with the metal on the caliper.. I thought the caliper was a goner... I called 2 very knowledgeable local people, and they had never seen anything like it, and thought the pin would be too hard to drill out... since no one had a local set that was good, I posted here, and I decided to try anyway... the drill worked like a champ!! I pulled a pin out of on of my spare sets... and put the spring on right... the PB works like a champ now!!

anyone seen this though? I wish I'd taken pics... I guess if it hadn't worked out, I didn't want "evidence" around. cool_shades.gif
Eric_Shea
Wayne posted this to my brake thread as well and I gave a little tip there. Here it is for the rest of you:

I've seen this a couple of times. Fairly easy repair. Go to your local hardware store and get some JB Weld and a cheap 5/32" metal bit. You'll only need it once and you then cut it up. Drill out the pin (use a drill press if you have access to one to help keep the bit in line). Once you've got it out cut off the bottom portion of your bit and JB weld it in the hole. It should stick out exactly 1/2". Let the JB Weld cure over night and your probably better than new.

beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.