Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good thing can happen
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
smrz914
Kinda long,

So the story is that last August I thought I broke a tranny. headbang.gif It happened the day I was to leave for school. But I ad been looking at Integras as reliable source of transportation. I was going to look at a car with a friend and thats when the noise started. I turned around and went back to my friends house and borrowed one of his parents cars. The car we looked at sucked barf.gif and so I called the owners of a car i talked to the day before. They still had the car so I bought it. driving.gif

So anyway, 7 months later I'm on spring break and an getting a lot done. I see lots of talk about people replacing their alternator so I decied, what the heck. I'll pull mine out and see if I can get it replaced. I pull the car on some rampsin my driveway on gravel. Make sure the car is stable. I pull the alternator in about 20 min (this is a v8 btw, a little easier to get to) and head down with a recipt that is now 5 years old. It has a lifetime waranty so what the hey, I'll see what they can do. I take it in and leave the store with a brend new one, no questions asked. That was last night after work. Tonight after work I install the new alternator and decide i'll drive around the block and see if the new alternator is working. But wait, where is the noise from the tranny? It seems that it was never the tranny making the noise int he first place. biggrin.gif

And to think that I was forgetting how fast my car was.
Andyrew
Always a good thing to drive it after a while, It feels alot faster biggrin.gif

Glad you got it fixed!

WCC...

You must go to the WCC!!! (I need someone to "play with" at the track laugh.gif )

biggrin.gif

Andrew
smrz914
I will try. Gotta try to fix a few things first. No promises but I plan on being there with some sort of car.
neo914-6
All right Paul! smilie_pokal.gif

Are you planning on driving to SoCal in your V8?

I "may" trailer mine but not sure if I will have the new engine in it or keep the stock 283...my weekends get reserved for other stuff fast.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.