Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Complete FI 1.7l
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
mikesjunk
So putting feelers out there to see what's available and at what cost. I have my sisters 1971 914 1.7l that I've named Frankenstein. It seems the FI has been pieced together from 914 to 912 to bus parts from 1971 to 1976 parts. So thinking if I at least have a matching system it would make getting it to run and troubleshooting easier. Originality is not important since it's currently an L-Jet system....mostly.

So need everything starting at the heads heads to air cleaner, ECU, harness and whatever it plugs into.
bdstone914
I should have most of what you need. Can you post pictures of what is on the car now? L jet is on 1.8L 914 or VW bus. It sounds like you need intake runners with injectors, plenum with throttle body and other plenum parts. Maybe the air cleaner bracket that bolts to the block.
I have a few used D jet systems removed from unknown engines. I have a few used harnesses too. Would have to match them up to compatible set of parts. I know there are at least two different throttle bodies for 1.7L D jet. If you have real 912 E L jet parts they could be worth a lot to a 912E owner.

Pictures please.
biggrin.gif
euro911
My '75 (the Black Bastard, or 'BB' for short) was the same - even had a early tail-shift trans, and was missing a lot of small parts that cost a fortune to purchase individually.

Good luck with 'Frank'

welcome.png
mikesjunk
Also edited the above post as it sounded like I needed heads, but I just need things starting at the heads. Some of this is probably OK but it's had it's share of PO rewiring and what appears to be some mismatching (ie throttle switch is from D-Jet?)

So here's a couple of threads with pics and description of what I'm experiencing.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...=2&t=271077
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...=2&t=272188

Since it is a Frankenstein it was suggested to document what parts I have so here's my latest update of that:

IPB Image

And a couple of engine bay shots. Also in above threads.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

JeffBowlsby
That's a good start Mike. I quickly checked a few of the part numbers - several I could not easily ID - others included a bus AFM.

The throttle body and air plenum under it look they might be 914 2.0L parts - they would be too big for a 1.7L engine. Not sure about the intake manifold runners.

You will also need a 1.7L ignition harness, unless you have one already?

Be a good idea to now make a list of the parts you need and work with Brice Stone to put the whole package together.

Here is a partial list of 912E FI parts:

stevegm
I have two complete 1.7 FI. PM me if your interested.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.