Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I friggin' rule!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wrpspddrvr
Yes, it's true! I've fixed my very first problem on my teener! boldblue.gif Without the help of the board, I found the source of my electrical problems: a blown turn signal bulb (which I knew about) and a broken connection in the headlight harness.
After f'ing around with the fuses and the relays and wires behind the fuses, it finally dawned on me to check the headlight connectons AT the freaking headlight!! Sure enough, one of the three clips had broken apart from the wire. So I just borrowed a friend's soldering kit (I have one, but it's at Mom's headbang.gif ), soldered the crap back together, and it's good as new! Woo!!!
On top of that, I found out why my heat sucks so badly: the hose was split in the engine bay! I just patched it up with some alum. foil and zip ties, seems to be great! Awesome!!!
I also managed to find the trip-odometer reset thingy under the dash while I was messing around under there. That's a nice find.
Also found and followed the wire from a silver pushbutton on the dash next to the cigarette lighter. It hooks into a red wire (post-manufacturer splice for sure) that connects to the back of the fuse for the foglights.... I thought it was a foglight flasher, but it doesn't work..... any ideas on what it may be?

So you guys all think I'm an idiot 'cause y'all would have figured that out and had it fixed in no more than 15 minutes, but oh well, I think I rule! wink.gif

Cole monkeydance.gif
red914
dude, you do rule! and rawk, too! rocking nana.gif

i know the feeling, although it is now a distant memory. headbang.gif but seriously, it is another nice thing about these cars; simple enough that you can poke around and figure stuff out most of the time. oh, that and they are funner than all get-out to drive!

aktion035.gif
smrz914
Good feeling huh? smilie_pokal.gif
SpecialK
You Da Man!! aktion035.gif

Root_Werks
That kicks butt Cole! Right on man! mueba.gif rocking nana.gif
markb
Good job! smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.