Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ABS rockers on GT flares?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tazz9924
Ive been considering getting the abs rockers for my gt flared car. I love the embossed PORSCHE logo and theres a pair for a good price in the classifieds. any opinion or pictures of a car in such a situation is appreciated
colingreene
If you like them then that fine.
I just dont like them.
bulitt
I believe the ones in the classifieds are for GT flares.
sfrenck
QUOTE(bulitt @ Jan 2 2016, 08:45 AM) *

I believe the ones in the classifieds are for GT flares.

My ABS rockers in the classifieds are from Auto Atlanta and not for GT flares.
tazz9924
im just trying to figure out if it will look bad if so then im in the market fot GT rockers
JRust
Get the GT rockers if you want them to match the flares. None of the others will look quite right. Hell the gt flares will need work to. Especially if you already mounted your flares. I think you use the gt rockers as a guide when mounting your flares. Otherwise they are not going to line up. 1/4" one way or the other makes a huge difference when you are lining them up
mepstein
You mount the flares first and then cut and shape the rockers to fit.
If you want fiberglass GT flares, I have a set I'll sell cheap. Reason is they are not an exact match. I bought them in the AA group buy a couple years ago. I didn't unpack them until now. George must have thrown a set together from 2 different companies. They are close but not exactly the same. All fiberglass rockers need bodywork anyway. I'm having my body guy modify a set of steel rockers. PM me if interested. Mark.
Mark Henry
Although you can weld ABS it would be a real PITA to make them match the flares.
Then ABS is a pain to paint.
Steel or FG rockers are the only ones I'd mess with, easier to work with and you'll have a better final result.

I'd look at Mark's flares, likely matching them is minor, but then one only looks at one side of a car at a time, no will notice but you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.