Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Photo of the day! Took a nice 2 1/2 drive
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
Okay so my local teener Tom got me off my ass today to take the 914's out for a drive. Here is a pic in front of this old Store in Brownsville Oregon. We had a nice 2 1/2 drive through a lot of backroads. Was a great day but my feet are seriously frozen. I think we are right around 30 degrees out & my heat doesn't exist at the moment. Was fine for the trip with the exception of my feet. Stayed warm besides that. Was great to get out & really drive my car. Been way to long.

Added a couple more with the Cayman S across the street. Never did spot the owner confused24.gif
rick 918-S
dry.gif Ya, rub it in... dry.gif

biggrin.gif first.gif aktion035.gif bye1.gif
boxsterfan
Look great!! Heat not hooked up or completely non-op?

If only my car had an interior, hoods, gas tank, and many other pieces installed I would drive it.
JRust
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Jan 2 2016, 08:28 PM) *

If only my car had an interior, hoods, gas tank, and many other pieces installed I would drive it.

I made the mistake of pulling my heat to get A/C unit going. Project kinda stalled as I've been lazy. Shouldn't have screwed with my heater unit. Just added an under dash A/C unit. Sometimes I'm just stupid sad.gif
Kansas 914
I love the color/wheel combo on the red car. wink.gif I have replaced the clear lenses (turn and taillights) on my red car with Euros so it looks a lot like this now.
boxsterfan
QUOTE(JRust @ Jan 3 2016, 09:16 AM) *

I made the mistake of pulling my heat to get A/C unit going. Project kinda stalled as I've been lazy. Shouldn't have screwed with my heater unit. Just added an under dash A/C unit. Sometimes I'm just stupid sad.gif

If you wanna see look at my build thread. LOL
nine9three
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Jan 3 2016, 09:36 AM) *

I love the color/wheel combo on the red car. wink.gif I have replaced the clear lenses (turn and taillights) on my red car with Euros so it looks a lot like this now.

Must be the photographer, but she is really Orange. Well at least Phoenix red. Epic ride Jamie. Great fun. A recent fall picture of the "Red" one.
JRust
QUOTE(nine9three @ Jan 3 2016, 08:33 PM) *

Must be the photographer, but she is really Orange. Well at least Phoenix red. Epic ride Jamie. Great fun. A recent fall picture of the "Red" one.

Yes we picked the right day. Wouldn't have happened today. LOL!
carr914
driving.gif
EdwardBlume
Great day! aktion035.gif
76-914
QUOTE(JRust @ Jan 3 2016, 09:16 AM) *

No your not, Jamie. And you won't regret the heater choice. I went spinning thru the snow covered mountains New Years Day with the window down and heater blasting. I could see a trail of thawed snow in my rear view mirror. av-943.gif If your stalled & need a hand w/ the install PM me. Kent beerchug.gif
Elliot Cannon
Driving in snow? WTF.gif Do people actually do that? laugh.gif
JRust
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jan 4 2016, 05:07 PM) *

Driving in snow? WTF.gif Do people actually do that? laugh.gif

I have once Elliot. It was spring & I met my family in Lincoln city on the coast. I think it was late february. I had just gotten my 73 2.0 back from paint. This was my first 914 I restored. Built a 2056 for it & painted it a non stock color. A dark blue/green metallic. Was so excited to get to drive it as it had been a good 6 months. Weather was semi cold but I had some heat. I'm sitting in our hotel room & looking out at the ocean. I'll be damned if it didn't start snowing. I'm looking at it thinking. I didn't think it was even possible to snow on the beach. It sure never had in my life in Oregon. I sit there enjoying it for a couple hours with the family. After about 3 hours I think I better hit the road. Had to work at my pizza parlor that night. Wasn't until I walked out the door I though. Son of a beech. Completely forgot I was in my 914. So I get in my car for the ride home. Pissed off I was in my freshly painted 914 in the snow. Was fairly thick coming home. People were driving maybe 20mph & I spent the ride home white nuckled. Not only that but freezing my ass off. My defroster managed to give me about 6" of clear window to see out of. I literally spend the ride hunched over leaning a little to the right. Just sure someone was going to lose control of their car & plow into me. Not to mention all the damn pea gravel they put on the road to help with traction. Took me 3 hours to make the 1 hour drive. I was so tense the whole ride home. I called the shop & told them to make due because I wasn't coming in. Then promptly went to bed at 7pm. I was exhausted & slept a good 12 hours
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.