Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Vendor" thumbs Up !!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
I had sent a few emails to Haltech asking questions about my 10 year old Haltech E6 (engine managment system) , they'd answer the question but also add in "purchase and read the manual".....of course it would take almost a week or more to get a response from them so I mostly figured that was there way of telling me to pissoff.gif and figure it out on my own or buy a newer unit.

Well, today I posted a question on another site and mentioned that since the unit was old and used, I had no "dealer" support, which I wouldn't expect to be honest with you. (they confirmed that the person Brad got the unit from wants nothing to do with Haltechs....someone pissed someone off smile.gif )

I just got an email directly from Haltech stating that it does not matter if my unit is old and used (does that sound right? LOL) they still offer 100% factory support and repair of the unit.

I like that, I will end up buying the manual, since it would have answered the questions I had and still have....heck, it's only 36AUS which is what? About 5 US dollars??? smile.gif

When I do step up to the plate and buy a newer PEFI, I am seriously going to have a look at Haltechs latest offering which from what I read are top notch and feature all the latest at a very resonable price..IMHO
Brad Roberts
I really couldnt imagine them not helping you. Norwood was Mr. Haltech for years.. I wonder what happened ?? I would also like to know WHY in the hell they chose NorTex as the US headquarters. They where in several different locations over the years. I stopped in and spoke with them several times.

B
Mueller
Not sure, but they way they wrote the letter to me, it sounded like the arrangment went sour in a big way.....maybe something to do with Norwood switching over to selling and supporting MoTec.

I'd like to know, but I'm sure it was something trivial......
(unless a motor got launched and fingers had been pointing at each other for who to blame)
Brad Roberts
Motec is the shiznit. Its all about the support..and Motec shows up at EVERY SINGLE pro racing event to help out with injection and data acq.

They helped us at Fontana.

B
Brad Roberts
Have you noticed that I have posted 4,172 times ??

What the hell is wrong with me ??LOL ar15.gif

B
Mueller
Well, then get one and give it to me to use..........LOL
Brad Roberts
I had one. Its in LA right now. It sat at my house for almost 2 years. MoTec M48. I even fired it up and updated it with the latest from MoTec.

B
Mueller
You need to have something when someone hits (m)471 smile.gif
Brad Roberts
Come to think of it.. I have had my hands on just about every injection system out there.

Motec M48
Electromotive TecI/TecII/ and TecIII
Haltech E6 and others
Edelbrock
Accel
FP
...and Jon's Autronic
I think I touched your Megasquirt (on accident)

B
Brad Roberts
You just hit 914.. cool

B
jonwatts
This should be just over 550 for me.

I was going to tell you guys to get a life until I looked at mine, hahaha.
Mueller
Interesting...I was just on the Motec site and they had a page about stolen Motecs (on auction sites, go figure, LOL) and how they'll add the serial numbers of stolen units to a database and basicly render the units inoperative if the new owners try to load the "enable codes"

Holy $hit...I just read all of the features of the M48.....WOW
Brad Roberts
They where walking around the Grand Am event showing us this new wheel.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.