Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Rubber Y for '73 1.7 D-Jet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
BillC
I'm looking for a rubber "Y" fitting, to fit my '73 1.7L D-Jet. My original is old and falling apart. The part number cast on it is 022-133-083. This part connects the auxiliary air regulator and the decel valve to the intake plenum.

Mark at 914Rubber has offered to make reproductions, but he needs an original as a sample. So, please dig through your parts bins and see if you have one -- I'll buy it and send it to Mark to work his magic upon.

Thanks!

Here's a pic of what I'm looking for. The graph paper is 1/4" squares, to give you an idea of scale. I believe the metal tube is part of the "Y", but not completely sure.
Click to view attachment
cary
Mark and I are meeting up this week on a project. I think I have a couple for him to use for a sample.
rhodyguy
Stacked elbow. DO NOT BUY THE REPROUCTIONS FROM AA, THEY ARE ILL-FITTING POS. Save the piece of metal tubing on the one you currently have.
BillC
QUOTE(cary @ Jan 4 2016, 08:50 AM) *

Mark and I are meeting up this week on a project. I think I have a couple for him to use for a sample.

That would be excellent! Thank you very much. How much do I owe you for providing the samples?

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 4 2016, 09:30 AM) *

Stacked elbow. DO NOT BUY THE REPROUCTIONS FROM AA, THEY ARE ILL-FITTING POS. Save the piece of metal tubing on the one you currently have.

Yeah, the picture on the AA web site looks just like the bad part I ordered from a VW site.
914Sixer
Check over on theSamba.com. Look under NOS Bus. They are 5 for sale by nocalrelics. He wants $25 each.
Mikey914
I can sell them for 1/2 that, and we will all be happy.
Wyvern
Following this thread .

I had to fix mine with a brass hose barb fitting and JB Weld .

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.