Full Version: when 911's and 914's mate
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
machina
this beast is on e-bay, 15 miles from my house

i won't sleep for a week screwy.gif
Root_Werks
ohmy.gif My eyes! My eyes!
VegasRacer
I saw that ad. No reserve and the top bid is $51 so far.

I was thinking of bidding just for the wheels. (16 x 10 Fuchs drooley.gif )
Anybody want the rest of the car?
i love porsche
oh my god...that....is....disgusting
:puke:
TravisNeff
Looks good buddy, when are you gonna pick it up? wink.gif
Lou W
What a work of art. wacko.gif
machina
there is actually a 911 under there, motor, suspension, etc...

its so close to me, maybe I'll make the guy an offer
Root_Werks
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Mar 16 2005, 01:03 PM)
I saw that ad. No reserve and the top bid is $51 so far.

I was thinking of bidding just for the wheels. (16 x 10 Fuchs drooley.gif )
Anybody want the rest of the car?

Hmm, good point, 911 front susp, fuchs, gauges, 1/2 of a parts car maybe? idea.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE (synthesisdv @ Mar 16 2005, 01:15 PM)
there is actually a 911 under there, motor, suspension, etc...

its so close to me, maybe I'll make the guy an offer

I sent you a PM.
william harris
There is no accounting for taste, or should we say lack of taste, lack of judgment, lack of sanity barf.gif
Howard
Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder icon8.gif
Parts is Parts! Tow it home and take off the pieces biggrin.gif
bondo
If you chanied the wing to a tree and drove away you might have a 911 again smile.gif
bondo
Anyone got a link? There's quite a few 911s on ebay to wade through.
TravisNeff
I dunno, I probably couldn't fight off all the ladies cruising around town with that. And the flatbed is nice, I can put the chicken coupe/cage right on the back yeehaaw!!
VegasRacer
QUOTE (bondo @ Mar 16 2005, 01:22 PM)

Sure. I got a link - but I ain't tellin'. flipa.gif biggrin.gif
I called dibs on the wheels.
machina
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Mar 16 2005, 04:24 PM)
QUOTE (bondo @ Mar 16 2005, 01:22 PM)

Sure. I got a link - but I ain't tellin'. flipa.gif biggrin.gif
I called dibs on the wheels.

see what I started monkeydance.gif
VegasRacer
I contacted the seller yesterday. The car is at his buddies house. He said he would get some more info to answer my questions.

auction link
jim912928
hmmm..has a six engine...I want a six engine...please tell me it is a 3.2l under there!
Series9
There's no such thing as 16x10 Fuchs. huh.gif

.....is there?
pete-stevers
911 underneath??? sounds like an opportunity....the rest ....well fiberglass and bondo burn nicely, you could even roast some marshmellows..... biggrin.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (914RS @ Mar 16 2005, 04:33 PM)
There's no such thing as 16x10 Fuchs. huh.gif
.....is there?

not according to my sources - 911 362 119 00 is a 16x9.

but with a lathe and a torch you can make 'em any width you want, i guess, although imo they stop being 'Fuchs' at the first cut ...
Eric Taylor
Wow, it's quite a little beast. Rebuilt 3 liter? humm it sounds fishy to me, engine compartment looks like a mess, whats with the air filter laying on top? Maybe just the CIS is shot, but for 7k if all is as good as described that's a hell of a deal on parts. Wonder what those 10's look like, kinda rusty from the side shot.
Eric
machina
I'm not even sure they are fuchs. I can just barely see the deep lip from the side so maybe they are.

the rest looks rough (to be polite)

when the pictures look bad that means it will be even worse in real life. maybe I'll drive over there this weekend.
xitspd
barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif Well, enough said!
Rand
I love how he says he's selling it for "a friend of mine" then later calls him "the stupid guy." smlove2.gif alfred.gif
I'm glad I'm not in their circle of friends.
I bet the seller is actually the owner and just afraid to admit to his work.
morph
I've always wanted a hoopty 911 to drive around

HIEDI
VegasRacer
I just got this e-mail reply from the seller:

"ok, the wheels were custom made by a shop in miami called earnies alloys
the wheels were original porsche fuchs 16x8, 6 of them and they were cut and welded together to have the 16x10 size, based on what he said, porsche didnt make bigger than 16x9.
but they were professionally done and finished. it cost him 1200$ a wheel a year ago.
i hope this helps
"
skline
So is anyone going to tell him that he doesnt have a reserve on the auction and it may sell for a lot less than 7k? It could sell for $100.00 since there is no reserve. I am guessing the stupid guy he is referring to is himself.
machina
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Mar 16 2005, 06:48 PM)
"ok, the wheels were custom made by a shop in miami called earnies alloys
the wheels were original porsche fuchs 16x8, 6 of them and they were cut and welded together to have the 16x10 size, based on what he said, porsche didnt make bigger than 16x9.
but they were professionally done and finished. it cost him 1200$ a wheel a year ago.
i hope this helps
"

I've known ernie for about 20 years. He's the guy with the giant ad in the back of pano every month. He has thousands of wheels.

I have seen other fuchs he has had widened and they look pretty good. That is a lot of $$$ in the wheels then.

The wheels are probably fine for daily driving but I wouldn't want to come around turn 17 at Sebring with the thought that some guy welded these things together in Hialeah.
machina
QUOTE (skline @ Mar 16 2005, 06:56 PM)
So is anyone going to tell him that he doesnt have a reserve on the auction and it may sell for a lot less than 7k? It could sell for $100.00 since there is no reserve. I am guessing the stupid guy he is referring to is himself.

i noticed that as well but the guy has over 180 transactions and a decent record, maybe they just want to get rid of the thing. on the other hand, he can pull the auction anytime up until the last day, and even then.....
VegasRacer
agree.gif with your last 2 post David.

I have seen Ernies ads for years. I need the wheels for track use. I'm not willing to take the chance with these. Guess I'll keep on looking.
redshift
I have seen ten car pile-ups that look better.

M
Andyrew
How could you salvage that car??

Tube frame??

I think cutting all the fiberglass completely off the car and doing some structure would make the car actually appealing..

Lets say it sells for 4k... (Im bein realistic.. It aint gona sell for 100 for the publicity it has.. lol)

machina
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Mar 16 2005, 07:18 PM)
How could you salvage that car??

fiberglass bodied race car man....perfect mule for the right price

since the motor is still in the car I imaging the main structure is intact.

who am I kidding, I barely have time to sort out my teener unsure.gif
gfulcher
Methinks this guy should PAY someone to take it.. Hell, my '73 VW Thing is flat out sexy by stark comparison...

the acronym "WTF" is resonating in my head right now.

excuse me as I bend at the waist, and with one wretch, puke up breakfast, lunch & dinner...

I'll be in the bathroom if you need me.

-greg
BMartin914
That's just wrong. screwy.gif
fiid
I would think if a 914 and a 911 mated the engine would have to be bolt upright directly above the rear axle, and attached to a snailshell transmision from a 944 or something....

chairfall.gif
hmeeder
It's Craptacular!
Verruckt
The people to talk to would be his neighbors. I bet if you hit up enough of them, they would chip in enough to pay half the price of the car. Worth a shot wink.gif
redshift
Holy crap Herb! You avatar brings back fond memories!

M
SpecialK
QUOTE (redshift @ Mar 16 2005, 06:32 PM)
Holy crap Herb! You avatar brings back fond memories!

M

Or is it a premonition Miles
fighting19.gif..... lol2.gif

I cracked up on the seller's quote:

"...now the wierd stuff as you can see in the pictures, the stupid guy tried to change the look of the car so he added some wide square flares in the back and some motorcycle taillights and ......... i just hate it..."

I couldn't agree more! icon8.gif
Brett W
Somebody here win it and sell me the steering wheel.
riverman
Tht car is so ugly it could scare the numbers off a house!
Brando
Looks like when an old 80s MR2 rapes a 911 headbang.gif

after the parts are yanked from that mutant, burnination time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.