Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stock Dansk exhaust
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cal
Question.....I'd like to replace the Bursch exhaust that the PO put on my '74 2.0L with the stock Dansk exhaust that's shown in this photo. Are the two strap hangers in the center of the exhaust standard.....I don't remember seeing these on other stock exhausts. Does the stock Dansk bolt directly to after market SSI heat exchangers? What's needed to install the exhaust and how difficult is it?
914Sixer
Those straps are for a 911 exhaust system. Some one must have used a 911 muffler hanger instead of the 914 one. Dansk should bolt right up to SS exhaust.
Cal
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jan 4 2016, 07:03 PM) *

Those straps are for a 911 exhaust system. Some one must have used a 911 muffler hanger instead of the 914 one. Dansk should bolt right up to SS exhaust.

I thought that looked familiar.....I actually like the way it looks. Anyone know how it's mounted?

I found a photo of how a stock unit mounts.
914Sixer
My opinion is that it is NOT a good idea. The shape of the 914 mount is a triangle. It provides stability to the heat exchanger. Straps only support the muffler.
Larmo63
This muffler is SIMPLE to install. I did it in the dark, (because I was so excited to cure my exhaust leaks) that I did it after wifey fell asleep.

I only put the straps on for looks, the muffler is bolted on correctly to the factory hanger. I have a different GT banana /6 muffler all ready for my 911 conversion, and these came with it. I tried the straps on my new 2.0 Dansk banana just for looks and fun.

It is NOT at all being held on by these clamps, but I thought they looked cool. The muffler has the notches on it for these so I went for it.

I actually straightened the muffler out a bit after I took this picture yesterday too, it looks a bit off kilter here.
Cairo94507
I also like the GT muffler strap kit.
Larmo63
Lawrence has good taste. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.