Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1971 Metallic Gold 914, 1.7. Running ,driving, fun.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Kraftwerk
1971 Metallic Gold 914 1.7

Drives great, sounds great, pulls strong. Totally stock and very straight body. All interior paint on both trunks is original and surprisingly shiny. The exterior received a decent re-spray in the 90's. The original Metallic Gold was color-matched very well. Floors are solid throughout.

Will be sold sitting on it's original OEM steel wheels, all properly dated, with correct hubcaps, needs new tires. Comes with original tool kit, green-dot jack and spare. Have original bill of sale and stamped maintenance record book, from Phoenix Arizona Porsche & Audi. Clear title/registration.

Hell-hole appears okay... and looks to have been fixed awhile back and painted with a new battery tray. Other side of engine bay is clean. Trunk's both look very fresh, one tiny pin-hole in the rear edge. All interior paint on both trunks is original, all sheet metal is original. The car has never been involved in an accident, just a small parking ding above the rear bumper. Front bumper has a slight dent, easy fix. A bit of rust lower drivers side door-jamb, passenger side looks great. Underneath: jack points, one rusty one missing. Solid tunnel, trunks, trunk lids.

Originally delivered with brown interior, was switched to black sometime before my ownership seemingly refreshed a long time ago, but could use another go at it. All new carpets throughout including trunk carpets. Comes with past receipts and a few spare parts.

Totally stock fuel injection. New stainless steel fuel lines. Oil bath filter comes with but running on a modified air filter, Newer KYB shocks and springs. Had a new clutch installed by Chris up at CFR. Tail shifter shifts well actually, has excellent transaxle, brakes, horn and all lights working fine.

This car is a driver, been driving it for about 5 years. When I took possession with the w/wipers and odometer were in-op, and these things never bothered me. I don't drive in the rain. Miles unknown. Speedo and tach work fine as does gas-gauge warning-light, it lights up to let you know when gas tank is getting low, the needle itself stay's put.

This is a good car, registered, inspected, insured and on the road.
$5,800.00

VIN #: 4712912080

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Kraftwerk
more pictures:
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Kraftwerk
Hi Scotty, Like your sig say's : "There's always another one around the next corner"
I will be driving this car until it sells, just thought I would get a jump on my springtime plans, no hurry to sell, that said if anyone is interested, PM me!
liebe
QUOTE(Kraftwerk @ Jan 5 2016, 06:07 PM) *

Hi Scotty, Like your sig say's : "There's always another one around the next corner"
I will be driving this car until it sells, just thought I would get a jump on my springtime plans, no hurry to sell, that said if anyone is interested, PM me!

Hi Scotty, intrested, will PM

cheers
matthepcat
Super cool color.
HaraPuzo
I love the colour!
would this be a good first 914?
I know its not perfect but the price seems attainable to me.
any advice for people here?
thanks smile.gif
rmital
I have an interested buyer in Northern NJ....PM me for contact info.
boxsterfan
Can't be that many that came from the factory in L97G. Looks a little rough and someone will have some welding to do on that car for a restore, but I love the color.
Kraftwerk
L97G / Metallic Gold was $176.00 extra in 1971. I think they all left the factory with brown interior. There is about about four of them in the country that I know of. Three on the 914 World. Super rare and great period color.
Cairo94507
Well my Six came that color and it came with black interior.....
Kraftwerk
Well our one week of winter is over just waiting for a few good rains to clear the road and I will get this out of the garage again. Here is a shot of the under neath showing very clean looking heat exchangers. Click to view attachment
McMark
Those look like stainless heat exchangers
Kraftwerk
Hello Mark,

Fellow '71 Gold member!, yes, I got the car came with pipes , no heat exchangers, I wanted heat ,so bought a very clean looking pair of SS heat exchangers ( from a 914 World member) and put them on. Nice to have warmth in New England, really extends the season.

( We have one other thing in common: We have both done business with K. Trekkor, I bought a nice pair of wheels from him once...)
Kraftwerk
.....and car is sold.

Will miss you guys, thanks for the information and fun times, you are a good bunch,
this is a good place to hang out.
If only I had a bigger garage I would have kept this car forever.. might get another 'teener' someday, in the meantime I will let the new owner introduce himself, car is in good, competent hands. Au revoir!
914runnow
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Jan 6 2016, 03:52 PM) *

Can't be that many that came from the factory in L97G. Looks a little rough and someone will have some welding to do on that car for a restore, but I love the color.

Nice to see one complete...cut one up exactly like this late fall 2014...
Really Hated to do it..too far gone..
914itis
How did I miss this one ? confused24.gif
Not that I need another one , but .......
Kraftwerk
Ah, Paul! How've you been? Would love to see your fleet of 914's one day..
pierrem
Bonjour everyone, I'm the new owner of this nice 914, it was a beautiful day to ride with a 22 foot trailer in Brooklyn! John is a good guy, it was a pleasure to deal with him. The car is still at the border to clear paper work, should be in its new home in Montreal by Thursday. I'll keep you posted on the future of this car, it look so bright you might have to wear shade!

thanks John for putting your car for sale! I'm happy. bye1.gif
Kraftwerk
Hey Pierre,

Nice to meet you and your co-stunt-driver.
Looking forward to following along with any mods you do or projects you have planned. ; ) Or just leave it stock and enjoy as is, either way I know it will be rewarding for you. You will find a lot of friendly help here at 914 World.
John
(aka Kraftwerk)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.