Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Early Speedster seats (or spyder)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DougC
I picked up some "speedster replica" fiberglass seat shells at a local swap meet and plan on using them in the 914. the obvious drawback is a lack of head restraint but I could easily add some from the original seats. Does anyone one know of a site that I can see these fully upholstered and get some ideas. In the following pictures I've added stock bolster foam and I'm sure it would work out fine but I may want it upholstered using a thinner padding to give a little more room. Also, looks like I'll just be able to add stock sliders and rails for it to work. Here's some pics..

Doug C
DougC
another..
DougC
DougC
DougC
one more...

KaptKaos
I love those seats, but given the choice, I'd keep the headrests for a street car.
DougC
I have a set of the stock headrests (f/g and padding) that wouldn't be any problem to graft onto these shells. I am seriously considering doing that.

Doug C
TravisNeff
Those shells are sweet, you can redo the backpad like Siverson did for a fitted look.
DougC
Well yeah, except I had to sell my nice backpad to buy the seat frames. I had half-ass decided to use perlon felt at the time. If I do I'll definately use stock headrests.

Doug C
914ghost
I have kind of the same thing going on- but different- I thought about the speedster seats because they're super comfy and have better side support. I decided to try the Corbeau GTS classics- (I actually have four of them now, dont ask why)- they look like this unupholstered. They do fit the backpad too.
EASY to recover. And they have a tube frame all around that you can drill into and add a headrest. I got some headrests from a junkyard and drilled the holes, they fit perfect.
If anyone wants the extra pair I have $75 + shipping for both.
Bob O
redshift
You can buy replica early recaro head rests for those.. then WOW, and you won't put your head thru the back glass when you get rear-ended by a soccer mom, high on Starbucks.

M
boxstr
Doug You should check the GTS site and get some great ideas. http://www.gts-classics.com/
CCLINSEATINGFORTWO
redshift
Yes, they have added some styles too..

http://www.vintageseats.com/

^ nice looking work there too.

M
buck toenges
QUOTE (redshift @ Mar 16 2005, 04:15 PM)
You can buy replica early recaro head rests for those.. then WOW, and you won't put your head thru the back glass when you get rear-ended by a soccer mom, high on Starbucks.

M

Where can you get replica head rests? I have a "68 912 and would like some head rests for it.
Thanks,
Buck
redshift
The guy at Vintage Seats does them, several UK firms (google) and Autos International restores ugly ones you can buy from the PP lil weewee board for very little.

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.