Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 76 rolling chassis $500 Sold!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
914ltd
1976 4762903808 clear title Many parts missing, does not include pass door glass, fuel tank or front hood. Passenger rear inner suspension needs replaced. Trunks solid, longs repaired battery tray nice. $500. Could be the easy way to get your project back on the road. Brad

The welding repairs are very well done including the floor installation.

Sold, Thanks!
HaraPuzo
I'm interested. Can people give me some advice on what a project car like this might cost? and if this is a suitable candidate for a build? thanks smile.gif
914ltd
QUOTE(HaraPuzo @ Jan 5 2016, 05:03 PM) *

I'm interested. Can people give me some advice on what a project car like this might cost? and if this is a suitable candidate for a build? thanks smile.gif

This project would not be reasonable unless you had a complete donor car to start with. The build could end up not much more than the cost of the donor if it were a nice but rusty 914, 1973 or later preferred. Brad
cary
If I was closer I'd add it to my stash ................
HaraPuzo
QUOTE(914ltd @ Jan 6 2016, 08:16 AM) *

This project would not be reasonable unless you had a complete donor car to start with. The build could end up not much more than the cost of the donor if it were a nice but rusty 914, 1973 or later preferred. Brad

Thanks Brad. I'll keep looking.
why do you say 1973 or higher?
are they built diferently?
914ltd
QUOTE(HaraPuzo @ Jan 6 2016, 08:55 AM) *

You could use any year but just about every part on the 1973 and later cars will interchange. These are also cars that all used the "sideshift" transaxle.
HaraPuzo
QUOTE(914ltd @ Jan 7 2016, 06:01 PM) *

QUOTE(HaraPuzo @ Jan 6 2016, 08:55 AM) *

You could use any year but just about every part on the 1973 and later cars will interchange. These are also cars that all used the "sideshift" transaxle.

THanks Brad for the advice.
I'm really not a good mechanic and should probably just buy a good runner when I have the cash. I hope to join the 914 community soon:)
turnaround89
Hi Brad,

Would you consider this a roller(at least enough to be towed on a tow dolly) or would it need to be flat bed towed to location?

Would you have a cost on how much the suspension could be replaced for? Is it a new piece that needs to be welded onto the vehicle or just a bolt on?

I'm having a hard time seeing whats going on in the picture of the suspension.

Thanks so much!
914ltd
QUOTE(turnaround89 @ Jan 7 2016, 04:01 PM) *

Hi Brad,

Would you consider this a roller(at least enough to be towed on a tow dolly) or would it need to be flat bed towed to location?

Would you have a cost on how much the suspension could be replaced for? Is it a new piece that needs to be welded onto the vehicle or just a bolt on?

I'm having a hard time seeing whats going on in the picture of the suspension.

Thanks so much!

Andrew, If the 1/2 axle were removed (not the stub axle) you could dolly it.

The RR suspension repair in a shop would run roughly $600 to $1000. (used vs. new suspension console) This car has had the inner console "smashed" upward, almost universally weakened by rust. The repairer just welded the damaged area which caused the camber on that wheel to be way off. This is a weld repair.

914 Limited Inc.
Brad Mayeur
1162 N. Byerly Hills Dr.
East Peoria, IL. 61611
309-694-1797
P914LTD@yahoo.com

turnaround89
Hi Brad,

Thanks for the quick response. Are you open to showing the car on the weekend? If so and if the car is still available next weekend(Jan 16th or 17th), I'd love to come look at it.

Thanks again and GLWTS
914ltd

I think that would be good, contact me later in the week with your plans. Brad
914ltd

This 914 is available again. The interested party determined it to be more of a project than he was looking for.

Garland
Pm sent
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.