Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "The restoration begins" car, now FS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
993inNC
So I may get lambasted by you my fellow teener friends, but here it goes.
The car is for sale. You've seen it's early resto history here, so you all know what it's been through.
I have a 74 2.0L and a Scirocco S I need to do next and "Summer" needs to move on so I can raise funds to do the other two.

The car is listed on Ebay as of this day, as well as TheSamba and the various Porsche sites on Facebook.

Price is $34,500
I'd prefer not to hear about how crazy I am for this price. Values are increasing and a lot of time and $$ went into the car. If you have something nice to say, by all means do so. If not, please keep comments to one's self. I've received a reasonable offer through Ebay but not sure we will come to terms. I gives me the sense that my price isn't too far off is all I'll say.

If you find you have interest in the car for purchase, please feel free to contact me in any way you wish. If this pic or info hasn't been documented here, i will get you what you need.

A few pics for your enjoyment......
MikeInMunich
Looks nice, but more photos and, uh, perhaps some info on the car confused24.gif
might be a good idea, idea.gif in lieu of worrying about anyone saying anything negative, which to me sounds a bit paranoid and if anything, inviting comments like this one.

We look forward to seeing and reading WHY it's worth the price you want shades.gif

No matter what, it's your car and you have the right to ask what you want for it. Who cares if anyone thinks that the price is higher than what they believe the car is worth (to them)?? confused24.gif What matters is what it's worth to YOU and nothing else. beerchug.gif

Good luck with the sale!

M.i.M.
stevegm
Beautiful car.

I don't think your price is out of line for a full, bare metal restored car. In fact, I don't see how you could break even at that price. GLWTS
malcolm2
Beautiful car, well done restoration, lots of nice upgrades. I remember seeing this car and talking with you in Spruce Pine at last year's Okteenerfest. Glad I got to see the car, Good Luck.

I am a MK1 VW fan too, so I am glad to hear you are planning a Scirocco.
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ Jan 6 2016, 04:23 AM) *

Looks nice, but more photos and, uh, perhaps some info on the car confused24.gif
might be a good idea, idea.gif in lieu of worrying about anyone saying anything negative, which to me sounds a bit paranoid and if anything, inviting comments like this one.

We look forward to seeing and reading WHY it's worth the price you want shades.gif

No matter what, it's your car and you have the right to ask what you want for it. Who cares if anyone thinks that the price is higher than what they believe the car is worth (to them)?? confused24.gif What matters is what it's worth to YOU and nothing else. beerchug.gif

Good luck with the sale!

M.i.M.

I think people can see and read all about what this car has been through here:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=103432&hl=

I wish I could afford it...
cary
QUOTE(stevegm @ Jan 6 2016, 05:23 AM) *

Beautiful car.

I don't think your price is out of line for a full, bare metal restored car. In fact, I don't see how you could break even at that price. GLWTS

agree.gif
993inNC
Thank you all for the kind words. As for the first comment, I've just been on enough pages where the trolls start giving grief to a guy over a "too high price", thought I'd address early. I don't think it's over priced but I agree it's top of mark given full resto's aren't the norm.

I am still in serious discussions with someone on ebay, trying to work out the price now, hoping this comes together! Will keep everyone posted. But if you know someone, please send them my way.

Thanks again!
Chris
LowBridge
that was a epic resto and it turned out a sweet teener.. good luck and I hope you get every penny for it.

993inNC
Thanks, had a couple of what seemed to be very interested parties but just not getting to my number. I'm confident it will come, just need to wait it out. Not making any more and if some POS VW bus can bring stupid $$, why can't a proper restored 914 bring decent $$?

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. I don't NEED to sell, just want to move on to other restos.........I've got time smile.gif
Sedonut
It took 5 months for me to sell a 550 Spyder replica.

In that time I got lots of stupid questions like would I sell it without the engine and trans.

There is probably someone watching it now waiting for the cash to come in.

Spring will be better.
993inNC
I agree, spring will bring the money. I have an interested party again, hoping it moves. Keep your collective fingers crossed smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.