Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ready for rotisserie?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ft.lbs.
my car is a month or so away from going on my rotisserie so i have a few questions-I need to replace both of the inner rockers and the passenger rear suspension console.I've seen people building a "y" shaped bace that bolts to the door hinge holes then to the door stricker plate for body support.Is there any bracing that should and or could be done before "the shell" goes under the knife?Also the car is mainly going to be a autocross car and I was considering removing the heater tubes that runs thru the rockers while im doing the rocker repair.Has anyone done this? welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif
Rand
removing the heater tubes

People have definitely done that... and commented that making a hole in the long to run a tube through was a dumb design considering it's located in an area that is key to the strength of the frame. If you don't care about a heater, I say weld some sheet metal over those holes to beef it up. There are a few classic threads on strengthening that are well worth reading.
ft.lbs.
yeh I was thinking of running my oil lines though there.
GWN7
You can find the measurements of all the areas for your car in the 914info tab at the very top of the page.

There was someone (racer chris?) who had some real nice spacer/bars for keeping the body at the right specs that he used for the exact same style of project that your planning.
Rand
yeh I was thinking of running my oil lines though there.

You mentioned body bracing and removing the tubes... had me on a different track.
So you're thinking of running oil lines through the longs (for front-mounted oil cooler?) but removing the heater tubes first? To save weight, or just clean things up?
ft.lbs.
I've removed all of the heater system so i thought that while I'm in the rockers i would remove the tubes.Maybe I'm going to far........ idea.gifI'm trying to "clean up" the car as much as possible.I cant wait to mount my rx-7 oil cooler! sawzall-smiley.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.