Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1975 "custom" 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
drdave427
Looks like I'm going to sell my 914 -- This was a good running and driving car 3 years ago. It developed an oil leak around the oil pump so I pulled the engine out to fix the leak - And I did reseal the oil pump - then I got divorced , bought an E46 M3 and just have not done anything else to the 914. It has a 2.0 with Dellortos that ran REALLy good - carbs have had venturis and later jet kits installed and I have a lot of new parts to install for it . I have SUPER nice like new door panels and armrests and hardware for it that I got from a member here ,the dash isn't cracked , it has the Engman aluminum pedal board , a 911 oil temp/pressure gauge that I hooked up and was working correctly , new aluminum sill plates , it has new tires on it and more stuff I'm forgetting I'm sure. The car has been in my heated/cooled basement for the last 3 years still jacked up where I took the engine out. It does have a rusted spot in the firewall on the passenger side and the very back of the passenger floorboard has a small area of rust too that corresponds to the spot in the firewall - I have the new sheetmetal from Restoration Design to fix these 2 areas. I was going to just use a small patch out of both panels. The longs and the rest of the underneath are in good shape - the hell hole has surface rust but is not rusted out. The worst about that area is a sorry A/C install cut nasty holes for the lines. It has both factory sway bars.
Like I said before - it was a good running and handling car before I drove it into my basement to fix the leak.
I'd like to get $3500 for it - if anyone is interested I can send more pictures but I won't junk up this site with a bunch of photos -I'm in East TN right outside Knoxville
carguy987
can you email me pics of bottom and interior and engine area? My email address is carguy987@hotmail.com
carguy987
So from your text it appears the engine is out of the car?
skjl47
Hello; I live near Harrogate TN north of Knoxville. I would like to drive down and see the car if it is still available
drdave427
Engine is out of the car. Carguy I'll get you those photos over the weekend. I probably won't be able to be here until Sunday night due to work.
nwm5709
I would like to see some other pictures of the rust spots, engine and interior if you could.

Thanks.

nm@nicholasmeeker.com
nwm5709
Any update on this? I'd love to see some more pictures
drdave427
Pictures sent to everyone that asked for them -- thanks
carguy56
Hi,

Can you send me some additional pictures.
drdave427
Well I had a half dozen inquires and people wanting more photos - which I sent - but still haven't sold the car. If anyone wants to make me an offer I'll listen - the worst that can happen is I'll say no. Gonna try to get the compression numbers as soon as I get a break from work.
rhodyguy
Show the longs. Seriously. If they're good, bump your price 1k. Offered at a these days fair roller price. Still a 914. Wheels and tires must be worth 1k and 500 for the dels. For guys looking, and looking this might be a better first 914 than one that needs major surgery and another 3k for disposables. Edit: oh. What looks like paint you can live with. There's the Ls budget.
drdave427
Thanks -- I may do that. The rocker panels are molded into the front & rear fenders so I didn't really want to CUT them off. You can see the bottom of the rocker and some of the side by crawling around the car although difficult to photograph - they look solid. I think this car really has a minimal amount of rust compared to most and I have the new panels that will repair it. I appreciate your input and suggestions.
rhodyguy
I didn't note the rockers being molded in the pictures. Disregard my suggestion about what amounts to cutting them off. Still, more than fair deal from my couch.
satak44
pm sent
drdave427
OK -- $3000.00 -- come and get it or I'll just do something else with it
drdave427
Car has sold - Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.