Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: how to remove main jets?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
siverson
i'm sure this is a dumb question, but who cares? How do I remove the main jets from the carburetor.

The car is running a little burbly. I know very little about carbs (always fi before this car), and a quick search says this is something that gets clogged and may need to be cleaned out.

but once I unscrew them, how do I actually pulled them out of this hole? They do not appear to be magnetic.

Thanks!
-Steve
siverson
siverson
toolguy
That's not the main jet. . that is the air correction and the emulsion tubes
Mains are at the bottom of the float bowls below the drain plugs..

Most common trouble is plugged idle jets.
siverson
Hmmm... so am I reading something wrong here?

-Steve

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/1...Carburetors.htm
Eric_Shea
Everything in the picture is right and so is toolguy wink.gif

Air correction adjustment and air correction jets are not the same thing.

Mains are at the base of the float bowls. Be prepared with a small glass to collect the fuel and I hope you like smelling like gas. biggrin.gif

The air corrections are up top where you are looking. They will screw out with a screwdriver and then use a fat toothpick to stab them in the air correction hole.
Eric_Shea
Wait... Just read further (I'm on my phone sorry) the blue is NOT the idle jets.

I'll try to explain as best I can without being able to draw more arrows.

Look at the line that separates the top from the body of the carb on the right. Just below this line there are three brass covers. Your idle jets hide in there (not your mains).

Your "Mains" are at the bottom of your float bowls. Carb on the right again, look at the bottom of the two float bowls. The bowl on the left has two main jets in it and the bowl on the right has one main and one empty plug.

Give me a buzz tomorrow and I'll go over some carb stuff, hopefully make it easy for you.
Luke M
Check out this link : http://www.performanceoriented.com/index.htm

There's lots of good Weber info on this site.
siverson
Thanks for the tips.

I haven't really learned anything yet, but I did get him running well again. I just removed the 6 things circled here (6 on each side), blew them out with compressed air, sprayed some carb cleaner around, and now he sounds great again.

Nothing *looked* clogged, but there must have been something in there because that made a world of difference.

Vroooom.

-Steve

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.