Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another sad day.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
hot_shoe914
WTF.gif Does anyone have any info on Ken? (Zymurgist)
ripper911
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jan 7 2016, 12:44 PM) *

WTF.gif Does anyone have any info on Ken? (Zymurgist)

Just heard about it on facebook.
montoya 73 2.0
oh damn, sad.gif we need to have a page for our fallen brethren so we can upload pics and videos!
SirAndy
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Jan 7 2016, 09:57 AM) *
oh damn, sad.gif we need to have a page for our fallen brethren so we can upload pics and videos!

Sadly, i think you are right. I'll talk to the other admins and see if we can make this happen.

sad.gif
JmuRiz
Wholy crap, this hits as hard as Jim's for me....hate even thinking of loosing local guys.
crash914
this really sucks! going to miss Ken. Great guy and lots of fun to hang around with.

I am sure that I have some pictures around also...
ConeDodger
We were friends for other reasons besides 914's. He obviously made beer. He was a total 60's music genius. Loved karaoke. We teased each other mercilously whenever his Orioles would play my Twins. He was a great guy.
We would play a game where I would post some obscure song lyrics on Facebook and he would post the next line. He was one of my favorite people in the world.
I have tears in my eyes as I write this. RIP Ken...
scotty b
he told almost no one because he wanted to keep it private
rmital
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 7 2016, 01:38 PM) *

We would play a game where I would post some obscure song lyrics on Facebook and he would post the next line....

...some might be critical or negative about FB and/or social media; and others could/might appreciate friendships made utilizing them.

We interacted thru Facebook because of the 914 community... then shared other common interests.

I'll miss Ken's posts and thoughts. One of the nice guys...rest in peace friend.
mepstein
I sorry to hear this. A super nice guy.
scottb
i met ken at a 914 gathering when i was a mid-atlantic resident. good guy.

happy trails ken....
VaccaRabite
Hey all, his family wishes the cause of his death to remain private. I've edited the posts that had his cause of death.

Ken is an awesome guy.
He was hanging out with me eating chili in my kitchen the day before my first son was born. We used to joke that the gas was what sent Erin into labor.

When he found out I was expecting another kid, he asked when the chili would be ready.

I was floored when I found out he had passed. Still am.

You are going to be missed Ken.
Zach
Drums66
....My prayers go out to his family!
bye1.gif
76-914
My condolences to his family. Damn, we're dropping like fly's this year. sad.gif
TravisNeff
Truly a sad day. I will miss Ken
Dion
I am stunned. Met Ken a few times mostly at Carlisle and Lattimore VW events.
Ken, I will miss your sense of humor.
Rest in Peace.
AndyB
Damn that sucks he was younger then me.
krazykonrad
Thoughts and prayers.
Mueller
Sad indeed, so sorry to hear this sad.gif
bandjoey
Very sorry for the family loss. I've met several Kens over the years at events. Will someone post a photo or description of Kens location and his car?
914dave
Sad day. Really good guy. He will be missed. Remember driving thru the rain to Chubby's BBQ after the latimore show. RIP my friend.
green914
sad.gif RIP
saigon71
I just saw this post. I'm both shocked and sad. My deepest sympathies to his family.

RIP Ken.

I've known Ken for years from various events...some of which my memory is a bit fuzzy due to his beer. beer3.gif Always enjoyed talking to him about anything and everything. He was an interesting fellow and a genuinely nice guy. Most recently, our paths crossed at Matt's cookout:

Ken is the 4th in from the left:

Click to view attachment

His car, "Babydoll" parked beside the open spot left for Jim McLeod:

Click to view attachment

Sleepin
Man...quite a shocker. I have had him on my Facebook page for a long time now, he will be greatly missed! sad.gif
Chris H.
Wow that's very sad sad.gif . I remember when Ken showed up on the site with Babydoll. It wasn't even his car I don't think, he was just helping out. But...we know how that goes.

Babydoll thread

zymurgist
noun

a scientist who studies the chemical process of fermentation in brewing and distilling; also, by extension, a brewer

RIP Ken. We'll miss you.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Jan 7 2016, 06:52 PM) *

Wow that's very sad sad.gif . I remember when Ken showed up on the site with Babydoll. It wasn't even his car I don't think, he was just helping out. But...we know how that goes.

Babydoll thread

zymurgist
noun

a scientist who studies the chemical process of fermentation in brewing and distilling; also, by extension, a brewer

RIP Ken. We'll miss you.

Yeah it was Caroline's car then, and Jim Mcleod's car before that. One of us needs to buy it to keep it in the family.

Zach
rick 918-S
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 7 2016, 12:09 PM) *

Sadly, i think you are right. I'll talk to the other admins and see if we can make this happen.

sad.gif

agree.gif sad.gif assimilate.gif Flyin the twisties...
rgalla9146
Sad to hear this.
Never met him.
We're all mortal.
Hurts to think of how many have gone.
RIP
Very Sad News Indeed....
I had the pleasure to hang out with Ken at Hershey on a couple of occasions. What a great guy! He will surely be missed by many!
EdwardBlume
Condolences to his family and friends... RIP.
914_teener
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 7 2016, 05:11 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 7 2016, 12:09 PM) *

sad.gif

agree.gif sad.gif assimilate.gif Flyin the twisties...

agree.gif

Man it is rough reading these sometimes....I know we all have to go....but damn.

JRust
R.I.P. always tough to hear another great guy with incredible taste in cars has passed. I'll miss his comments on FB too. My best to his family through this trying time
struckn
sad.gif

Very sorry to hear this. I remember best the time Ken and I spent an hour alone at the East Berlin Restaurant wondering where the rest of the caravan was during the Gettysburg Run. Really a good guy to hang out with and a loss to our World.

Doug
r_towle
Sorry to hear this, RIP man.
ThePaintedMan
Was sure hoping 2016 would be a little different than 2015 but I suppose these things aren't up to us. I never met Ken, but judging by his posts and the outpouring of love here already, he's someone I wish I could have. Some of his last posts were words of encouragement and condolences to others. We are all lucky to have shared some time with him in real life, or even just here on the World. beerchug.gif

My condolences to his family.
914-300Hemi
Prayers and thoughts to the family.
RIP
MikeSpraggi
What the....??!! Totally floored by this. We had many great conversations. Great guy. Took me to his house once and showed me some of his toys. We may have gone to get some beer he had made or something..... our time here is so short. Treasure each day and the people you love like it is your last. RIP Ken. man this really sucks........
mgp4591
Sad to hear this- never met him but reading his contributions and then these posts is enough to know what kind of man he is in a way. I can't compare with personal experiences of others but I hope these words will help his family deal with their loss and a loss to the World.
whitetwinturbo
.............why did his family not wish to disclose cause of death (earlier post)? Death is death. It's where we are all going. We have no choice in that, however we can choose to live large until that time!
bulitt
Wow, way too young... sad.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(whitetwinturbo @ Jan 8 2016, 12:41 AM) *

.............why did his family not wish to disclose cause of death (earlier post)? Death is death. It's where we are all going. We have no choice in that, however we can choose to live large until that time!

Ken wanted it kept quiet.
It was who he was.
His family is respecting his wishes. The word is out on facebook - so fine. I have no control over that. But here on 914 world we will continue to respect Ken's and Ken's family's wishes.

Zach
ripper911
Death is very personal and private thing to some people.
It's not for us to question their reasoning.
ThePaintedMan

Because it's their own damn business, you moron. I'm not proud of how my dad spent his final days either, and I had to deal with idiots like you asking for all the details while I was just trying to keep myself sane.

Ken was a great guy and that's all that matters.
Mikey914
He will be missed. My best wishes to the family.
Yes we should memorialize the fallen members. I think it befitting tribute to tell the story of the people that love these cars, and the passion that they have for them.

We all come from different walks of life. You see this at every rally. What's truly amazing is that when it comes to these cars we can talk for hours and be very passionate about them.

I have had many conversations with him, and was wondering why I had not hear from him lately.

RIP
rick 918-S
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Jan 8 2016, 09:38 AM) *

Because it's their own damn business, you moron. I'm not proud of how my dad spent his final days either, and I had to deal with idiots like you asking for all the details while I was just trying to keep myself sane.

Ken was a great guy and that's all that matters.

Please, lets not go here. sad.gif
Johny Blackstain
RIP sad.gif
JB 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 8 2016, 08:19 AM) *

Please, lets not go here. sad.gif

amen to that Rick. It was what Ken wanted and he was one of, if not THE most tolerant
people I have ever met online. Let's not spiral into a Godwinesque thread.

RIP Ken. I will miss your posts online.
bob
RIP Ken...

-bob
stevegm
Too many losses. Prayers for his family and loved ones.

If someone could PM me contact information for Ken's family, maybe in a couple weeks (after things settle down), I will contact them and we can do an article honoring Ken. Or, in a couple weeks maybe someone could forward my contact information to his family so they can contact me.
StratPlayer
RIP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.