Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front trunk carpet install options ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Wyvern
I am ready to install the new front carpet and board .

After all the cleaning I am a bit hesitant to use glue to hold the back piece .

What are my options ?
- Velcro.
- I even thought about a light board and mount the carpet to that.
- How about a couple of snaps ( I know that would be 3 maybe 4 small screw holes but think that would be a nice way to do it.

Thanks for any input
Tom_T
IMHO I would recco just touching up any paint chip/scratch or rust areas - if any - on the front wall (mainly for rust prevention purposes - not looks), & then use a good quality automotive interior/carpet adhesive or construction grade exterior rated adhesive for remounting the new mouse fuzz carpet piece on the front wall.

Same thing with the carpet on the floorboard - use the adhesive on the topside & big staples on the underside - just like the factory did it, unless you got a kit with the new carpet already attached toa new floorboard .... then it's ready to go.

There really is no reason to add a mounting board, nor drill for snaps (possible rust spots there in the future), & the velcro has adhesive on 2 sides which gets gummy in heat & over time & peel off.

So why not do it the same way the factory did it?? confused24.gif

Nobody wants to see your backside anyway! bootyshake.gif
.... of the trunk wall, that is! biggrin.gif

If you really want to dress-up the trunks, then get an interior & 2 trunks floor mat set from one of the Lloyds suppliers, & have them all embroidered with the PORSCHE logo & your 914 model number in some color(s) to your liking that match the car paint or whatever you like (upcharge when you order them).

If you prefer the period correct Coco Mat look inside, then just get the trunk floor mats in either coco, plush or other. CocoMats.com has the best selection, fit & quality IMHO.

They're all available in a couple of plush types, &r Berber in several colors close to the OEM carpet selections - & the Coco Mats same thing, plus a couple of other woven mat materials from some suppliers (e.g.: Sisal, Palm fiber, etc.).

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Tom_T
So is that screen name & avatar for one of the UK Wyvern Rugby Clubs? confused24.gif

www.wyvernrfc.co.uk/

www.wyvernclub.co.uk/rugby

www.wyvernsrfc.uk/

www.pitchero.com/clubs/birminghamwyvernrufc

.... & maybe more?? blink.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Wyvern
Thanks for the info .. Yup original is prolly the way I will go .

Wyvern is the name of my side business. and was my nickname for many years.
The Wyvern is the center part of my family crest .

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.