Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: clutch pressure plate
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
injunmort
happy new year to all. I am in the middle of a motor swap and I took pressure plate off to renew the seal. I washed the index mark off when cleaning the pressure plate. I am reusing clutch and pressure plate as they are in decent shape. is there a way to re-index the pressure plate or should I not be too concerned with the balance of it?
76-914
no problemo
screenguy914
If they were previously balanced as a unit (matching index marks?), I would reinstall as a balanced unit. Balanced assemblies are usually marked with punch marks, not with temporary ink marks.

It'll work in a random fit up, but there may be vibrations which could either be disconcerting, not discernible and/or shorten bearing life. YMMV.

Sherwood

Sherwood
injunmort
it was definitely balanced as a unit, drillings on the outer ring. would the corresponding punch marks be on the flywheel? the index mark that washed off was put on by me before I disassembled.
LowBridge
QUOTE(screenguy914 @ Jan 7 2016, 07:09 PM) *

Balanced assemblies are usually marked with punch marks

agree.gif ... if you can't find the punch marks then it was not balanced
injunmort
thank you
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.