Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.7 CIS fuel line
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cfletch
Finally getting back into my project, school got in the way for a little bit. Anyways, I've got a 2.7 with CIS and am curious what ID of fuel line hose I will need for both the to and from past the tunnel lines. I have the SS tunnel lines installed in the car and am just not sure what size I need to run for all of the flex line from there through the filter, pump and accumulator all the way to the engine. Is there a specific size to run or am I just over thinking it? Also how much roughly would I need?
Thanks!
There was a tread on this...search is your friend.
colingreene
hes got 96 post, Maybe help him out?
Cfletch
Sorry, I'll do some searching.
QUOTE(colingreene @ Jan 8 2016, 12:21 AM) *

Sorry for my suggestion. Since I was not able to assist. Maybe you should search for and post it for him?
ChrisFoley
For a 8mm stainless line use 5/16" ID 30R9 rated hose and for a 9.5mm stainless line use 3/8" ID hose.
As long as the fitting dia is the same at both ends of the hose you don't need an adapter, but if the two hard ends are different you should use a hard adapter and two different dia hoses.
Series9
Don't overthink it.

The factory supply/return lines are more than adequate.
screenguy914
I'd like to move the fuel pump into the trunk area for easier access. How much flex hose (8mm?) do I need to make future fuel tank removal convenient w/o removing any hose connections?

Sherwood
Series9
I place FI pumps outside the hole, between the steering rack and the body. It makes plumbing and service remarkably easier.
colingreene
QUOTE(396 @ Jan 8 2016, 11:29 AM) *

QUOTE(colingreene @ Jan 8 2016, 12:21 AM) *

Sorry for my suggestion. Since I was not able to assist. Maybe you should search for and post it for him?

Thanks sassypants.
Im on a phone, and i asked for you to find it because you had indicated that you just saw it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.