Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Members,
Anyone have some pictures of how the cables are attached under the car to the engine case studs as I am trying to bring my six back to original..Posted are as they are now..
Thanks,914Click to view attachment
gereed75
Oh yea, good question. I have mine all bundled into a couple of common clamps. It is not great and certainly not "factory". Anyone out there confident that they still have the original placement or an original photo??
Cairo94507
The reason I did not post of picture of mine is I know it was altered. All bundled together.
Thanks for all the reply's..Ive seen all different configurations..
Maybe Toolguy can chime in..
toolguy
From the factory, there was a fabric strap on the stud at the rear od the engine case, and IIRC white zip tie around all 3 cables at the front of the clutch cable wheel mount
The accelerator cable went over the front metal oil tube and the larger, clutch and speedo cables went under it.
Here is a factory photo from the Owner Manual

that being said, the cables flopped around over time, I personally prefer an added strap up on the side of the heat exchanges to secure them better. . rubber lined cable clamp works great
Toolguy.. Thanks for chiming in..
r_towle
Post your location, someone may have a car you can go see nearby.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.