Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 74 2.0 L with my name on it
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Carl456
After taking everyone's advice when I saw the car I wanted, I jumped.
CASH IN HAND!

Will be picking up a '74 2.0 in RED with many extra parts within the next 2 weeks!

IPB Image

IPB Image

So much to learn and enjoy!
Cairo94507
Congratulations! Nice looking car. Now all the fun begins.
sb914
I got one of those.nice car, The Red ones are the fastest, have fun and welcome.png Click to view attachment
BeatNavy
QUOTE(Carl456 @ Jan 8 2016, 08:44 AM) *

So much to learn and enjoy!

THAT is the right attitude smile.gif

And those are some ratty looking intake runner boots.

Welcome to the fun. Looks like a great car.
green914
welcome to the madness ... welcome.png
Carl456
Not even in my possession yet and I'm already making lists of what I need...

New Rubber package is tops on the list but I've got buckets of stuff to go through first.
Extra doors, bumpers, oh so much more all included in the deal.
bretth
Nice looking car. One observation though. Isn't that a 1.7 or 1.8 motor? The spark plug position is wrong for the 2.0. Just want to make sure you aren't being misled.

Brett
EdwardBlume
Enjoy it! Congratulations! first.gif
Olympic 914
QUOTE(bretth @ Jan 8 2016, 10:14 AM) *

Nice looking car. One observation though. Isn't that a 1.7 or 1.8 motor? The spark plug position is wrong for the 2.0. Just want to make sure you aren't being misled.

Brett

Yes plug position looks wrong.

Looks like the plenum is 2.0 though.

See if you can get the engine case numbers, may be different engine.

intake runners are 3 bolt on 2.0 4 bolt on 1.7 /1.8

Looks like a plug was welded in where the original spark plugs would have been.

Click to view attachment
Coondog
Congrats, please keep us updated.
JoeD
QUOTE(sb914 @ Jan 8 2016, 09:00 AM) *

I got one of those.nice car, The Red ones are the fastest, have fun and welcome.png Click to view attachment

agree.gif Red is best!

As someone who got bit hard by this 914 bug last year, it's a ton of fun and at times a load of frustration, but this community is amazing.

welcome.png
Carl456
Was told it was originally a 1.7
Swapped to a 2.0 from another 74

This is why I like this forum so much.
SKL1
Never seen the plugs go in at that angle either- but must admit they'd be easier to R&R, especially with carbs!! Wonder what engine that is??? If the body is solid, it's a good deal.
Shredhead

Do you need an air cleaner housing?
bretth
Could it be a 2.0 with Bus heads? Can't remember if the VW 2.0 heads used the same spark plug angle or not. Or maybe machined 1.7/1.8 heads?

Brett
LowBridge
congrats and welcome to the community welcome.png
PlantMan
welcome.png

Have a good time!
pdlightning
QUOTE(PlantMan @ Jan 8 2016, 11:39 AM) *

welcome.png

Have a good time!

This place is the best. Where else can you find this kind of expertise! welcome.png
Chris Pincetich
welcome.png
smilie_pokal.gif
Now for some type.gif smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif beer3.gif type.gif driving.gif
If you have any cash left over, it will soon be gone. Buying 914 parts is so fun! It's like LEGOs for grown-ups beerchug.gif
Carl456
QUOTE(Shredhead @ Jan 8 2016, 09:03 AM) *

Do you need an air cleaner housing?

I do not!
Owner was actually in the process of connecting it when I went to look.
mobymutt
Congrats!
Amphicar770
Congrats. Now that you have purchased the car you have just started to spend money! biggrin.gif
alfadoc
Bought my first Porsche in '01, an 86 944 NA. Then the S2 in '05, 911 in '13 and the 914 in '15. See the accelerating pattern? It's a sickness. Really enjoying the 914, though it'll take the most work to get it where I want it. Congrats to you, and welcome to the madness.
Carl456
After a fantastic deal, smooth loading, transit and unloading, the car is in my garage.
Along with it came extra parts like, a second painted roof, a set of doors, an extra gas tank, extra stainless, and a pair of seats.
I've got boxes to go through and much filing of pics to be done.

I think I will start a build thread. It's going to be a slow one but it's going to happen.

TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(bretth @ Jan 8 2016, 01:12 PM) *

Could it be a 2.0 with Bus heads? Can't remember if the VW 2.0 heads used the same spark plug angle or not. Or maybe machined 1.7/1.8 heads?

Brett

2L buses used 1.8 heads and plenums. That's a 2l throttle body from a 75/76 914. Fan appears to be from a pre 73. Probably the angle, but# 1 plug looks like it's in the 2L position, and #2 in the 1.8 position. Dipstick looks to be in the proper place for a 914 case.
veekry9
Good choice,looks to be in relatively rust free condition.
L30E Bahia Red to match the original paint?
Now,let the meticulous reassembly begin.
smile.gif

Carl456
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Jan 16 2016, 06:47 PM) *

QUOTE(bretth @ Jan 8 2016, 01:12 PM) *

Brett

2L buses used 1.8 heads and plenums. That's a 2l throttle body from a 75/76 914. Fan appears to be from a pre 73. Probably the angle, but# 1 plug looks like it's in the 2L position, and #2 in the 1.8 position. Dipstick looks to be in the proper place for a 914 case.

Will get in there and get some more pics and look for serial numbers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.