Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: brake calipers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RonnieJ
Forgive me if this has been ask a thousand times but is there any alternative rear brake calipers I can install in replacement of the stock 914 rear calipers? Looking for something that is a direct replacement.
brant
QUOTE(RonnieJ @ Jan 8 2016, 11:41 AM) *

Forgive me if this has been ask a thousand times but is there any alternative rear brake calipers I can install in replacement of the stock 914 rear calipers? Looking for something that is a direct replacement.

rebuilt 914 rear calipers...

or ferrarri 308 rear calipers

or 914/6 rear calipers

its a unique parking brake set up
you can change them and loose the parking brake
or retain them and rebuild them, have a parking brake and pass state annual inspections.

just call Eric... get pretty, basically like new ones from PMB who does the very best work and restores them to like new!
pdlightning
QUOTE(brant @ Jan 8 2016, 11:11 AM) *

QUOTE(RonnieJ @ Jan 8 2016, 11:41 AM) *

rebuilt 914 rear calipers...

or ferrarri 308 rear calipers

or 914/6 rear calipers

its a unique parking brake set up
you can change them and loose the parking brake
or retain them and rebuild them, have a parking brake and pass state annual inspections.

just call Eric... get pretty, basically like new ones from PMB who does the very best work and restores them to like new!

I agree, go with Eric. He did mine and converted to the 308 style! piratenanner.gif

mgp4591
When I was performing State Inspections you had to have a mechanical parking brake. I was cruising through the regs the other day and it didn't say you couldn't have a hydraulic lock on your brakes instead of a mechanical. Maybe has to do with the new electric p. brakes some cars have?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.