Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Surprise Find
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Greg914-6GT
So when I bought my 914-6 race car the guy at the last minute drug out all these spare parts, and begged me to take them. So experts let me know your thoughts, I'm just going to add the transmission pics for now. Also got spare set of Fuchs 7&8 x 16, oil cooler, extra twin plug ignition, etc....Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
jmill
Wish he begged me to take them. That's a 915 with the Vellios kit. So you have a 911 trans that fits into a 914. Nice score.
Bruce Hinds
I hope you didn't have to think about it.

What don't you need, can we help you out? smile.gif
ndfrigi
any picture of the car?
EdwardBlume
What a score! Nice work.
JmuRiz
Wow, given a velios 915, twin plug ignition and those wheels!

If you want to part with the ignition or wheels...PM me the part number on those wheels, it's possible they could be the type my brother is looking for.
Greg914-6GT
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Jan 8 2016, 02:08 PM) *

any picture of the car?

Here are a couple of pictures of the car. It is on display at PCNA in Atlanta. Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Greg914-6GT
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Jan 8 2016, 05:19 PM) *

If you want to part with the ignition or wheels...PM me the part number on those wheels, it's possible they could be the type my brother is looking for.

It had this Electromotive ignition, but was converted to a twin MSD and 12 plug distributor.
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Greg914-6GT
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Jan 8 2016, 05:19 PM) *

ndfrigi
QUOTE(Greg914-6GT @ Jan 9 2016, 01:40 AM) *

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Jan 8 2016, 02:08 PM) *

any picture of the car?

Here are a couple of pictures of the car. It is on display at PCNA in Atlanta.

wow that is a million dollar car! Congrats on your beautiful car!
Cracker
When and where do you run it? When was the last time and the next time (projected)?

Tony
cary
I think you'll need a custom Captain America racing suit.
Series9
QUOTE(Greg914-6GT @ Jan 9 2016, 04:58 AM) *

It had this Electromotive ignition, but was converted to a twin MSD and 12 plug distributor.

I can't imagine "converting" crank-fire ignition back to a distributor. I would put the Electromotive back on it.
Greg914-6GT
QUOTE(Cracker @ Jan 9 2016, 06:21 AM) *

When and where do you run it? When was the last time and the next time (projected)?

Tony

Half way through last year I bought another 914-6 to race. Next races are during PBOC Winterfest at Sebing Jan 21-24. Old picture from last year below, it has been repainted and prepped for 2016 season.
Click to view attachment
Greg914-6GT
QUOTE(Series9 @ Jan 9 2016, 12:45 PM) *

I can't imagine "converting" crank-fire ignition back to a distributor. I would put the Electromotive back on it.

Zotz's Racing uses MSDs in all the 914s they prep. Car starts much better now. I trust Ron Zitza, he is the guru with 914s. Heck he is with all Porsche race cars.
Series9
QUOTE(Greg914-6GT @ Jan 9 2016, 06:05 PM) *

QUOTE(Series9 @ Jan 9 2016, 12:45 PM) *

Zotz's Racing uses MSDs in all the 914s they prep. Car starts much better now. I trust Ron Zitza, he is the guru with 914s. Heck he is with all Porsche race cars.

Yes, I know Ron. Yes, he knows 914s.

However, the only reason to re-install a distributor is to comply with class-rules for racing. Otherwise, it's a step backwards. It's not about the MSDs, it's about the difference between crank-fire and distributor-based ignition.
Cracker
Slightly off topic - what cold pressure do you run in the tires (and whats your target hot pressure)...and what tires?

T
Greg914-6GT
QUOTE(Cracker @ Jan 9 2016, 04:07 PM) *

Slightly off topic - what cold pressure do you run in the tires (and whats your target hot pressure)...and what tires?

T

Not sure since the car is crewed by Zotz's Racing, I just hop in and drive the piss out it. I'll check when I race at the end of the month. Any other questions you want answered from the crew?
Cracker
Nah. Thanks though...no need to ask them any questions. As many a race shop (crew) has often said, "the dummy drives the car...we do the real work!" Not saying this is fitting for you, of course... stirthepot.gif

Tony

QUOTE(Greg914-6GT @ Jan 13 2016, 05:13 AM) *

QUOTE(Cracker @ Jan 9 2016, 04:07 PM) *

T

Not sure since the car is crewed by Zotz's Racing, I just hop in and drive the piss out it. I'll check when I race at the end of the month. Any other questions you want answered from the crew?
914-6-GT
Does anyone know where this car is?

It was for sale/sold in Idaho last month. Rumored to be in NY.

Please send PM.

Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.