Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pedrini Wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Samoroso72
Guys,
I need some help. I am fairly new to the world of 914s.
I purchased a set of Pedrini at a very low price and put them in storage while I was working on my car. I recently noticed I have two different types. No laughing please.
I have an early 72 1.7. Can you tell me which rim pictured below is the correct rim for my car.

Click to view attachment
Samoroso72
Or this one.Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
914Mike
Should be a part number on the back. 00 is early, 01 is late.
Late ones have a recess for the late style front hub with the centering ring.
Top one is the early style, IIRC.

I'm in almost the same boat, early version fit my '71, until it became 5-lug. Now the Pedrini's won't fit the front of my '74, nor my '69 Ghia because of the centering rings.
Tom_T
Look at the cast date numbers on the back of each & pick the one type closest to 72 MY & your car's production month/yr on the VIN, & also verify that all 4 are 914-xxxx part nos. back there too.

If the back has an inset cast or cut into them, then they were the later xxxx-01 part no. for 73 MY 914s with the then new hub-centric hubs up front.

Being an early production 72, they would've used 71 production of the wheels up to Dec 71 & maybe even into early 72.

Either way you have a couple of partial or 1/2 sets, & you'll need to sell 1-2 & source 2 of the correct casting style & numbers, if you want them correct for your car &/or are a CW c orrectness type.

If you're not picky & it's for a DD, then you could put a matching pair on each side, & few people would notice the difference.

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
cwpeden
This should answer your question: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=234404

Samoroso72
All four have the 00 part number. The major difference is where the raise trim meets the exterior of the wheel. Three have the larger trim and one has the smaller trim. What is correct for 1972?
bandjoey
Take them to your local machine shop. Not a wheel place. Along with a front late hub. They will cut the back to fit like it came from the factory. I had all 4 done for $80
Samoroso72
Thanks for the help. I was able to locate a few matching rims to complete my set. Now I will be on to refinishing them.

Any suggestions or tips.
RohJay
Might be too much bling for some :-)

Click to view attachment
TheCabinetmaker
Hey,Roh. I like those. I'm a pedrinni fan anyway, but those rock.
veekry9
Click to view attachment

Polished,
Mediablasted and painted half flat,low contrast lightmetal.

I found that the use of VHT aluminum with a clearcoat makes for a realistic metallic.
RohJay
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Jan 11 2016, 02:10 AM) *

Hey,Roh. I like those. I'm a pedrinni fan anyway, but those rock.

Thanks Curt. Blue color scheme didn't come out as expected. Currently being re finished in Metallic Grey
74ravenna
How do these stack up weight wise amongst their contemporaries?
How about the difference in weight between those and stock steelies?

Looking at the photos of what people have done has made me question if I want to sell mine or not.

Steve
r_towle
Do you have matching shoes?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.