Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Starting to come together...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JoeD
Super excited to see the pieces starting to come together as Jake builds up the 2270...

All the original engine tin etc back with fresh powder coat:
Click to view attachment

All the hardware, restored and plated:
Click to view attachment

And the engine torn down:
Click to view attachment

Meanwhile, took care of the rust- jack points, minor spots on the floor pans- and cleaned up the engine bay:
Click to view attachment

Next up my son and I will start putting the interior back together. Mark's new dash top, seals, visors, carpet, etc; new gauge(s) (CHT for sure...); pedal cluster and fog lights from Bruce. We are also rebuilding headlights and some other stuff.

This car should be tearing up some twisty roads in the north Georgia mountains come spring!
Getting excited!
rgalla9146
Why a 1.7 exhaust hangar. ? Just curious.
Coondog
Most impressive, I don't know that I could have the patience to wait on the time frames that Mr. Raby warrants for his awesome motors. I would have to tell him to block my calls, cause I would be like are you done yet......Your 914 will be spectacular for sure.
Congrats on your soon to be delivered motor and your prep work.
JoeD
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jan 9 2016, 08:48 AM) *

Why a 1.7 exhaust hangar. ? Just curious.

Well, the engine that Jake is starting with is a 1.7 so that's what was there... the car was originally a 2.0 but I have much of it's history from a long-time previous owner who replaced a blown 2.0 with this 1.7 some time in the early 80s.

I have SSI heat exchangers and a new exhaust all meant for a 2.0 for the new engine; if I can't use the 1.7 hanger at that point I'll find someone here that could use a nicely restored one!
JoeD
QUOTE(Coondog @ Jan 9 2016, 08:54 AM) *

Most impressive, I don't know that I could have the patience to wait on the time frames that Mr. Raby warrants for his awesome motors. I would have to tell him to block my calls, cause I would be like are you done yet......Your 914 will be spectacular for sure.
Congrats on your soon to be delivered motor and your prep work.

Thanks! Yes, definitely requires patience... but no doubt it will be done right! It's a nice coincidence that Jake happens to be just an hour up the road; he has been incredibly gracious with his time throughout this process, particularly with my 13-year-old son.

Plus, in the meantime it actually gives us a good chance to work on the rest of the car with the engine and transmission out, sitting in Jake's shop...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.