Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anatomy of a Barn Find
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Unobtanium-inc
Wasn't sure if I shared this story here, but it involved one of the 914 World brothers, Scott aka Scotty B. It's a small window into one of the crazy deals we have done. In this case Scott really came through at the 11th hour (it was actually about 1 in the morning). A fun story to tell now, but a very stressful one at the time.
Thanks again Scott!
You can read the full story here:
https://unobtaniuminc.wordpress.com/2014/07...sche-barn-find/
914Sixer
Yep, that is the fun of it. Buying parts is like a box of chocolates because you never know what you are going to get.
Cairo94507
A truly rare picture of Scotty B in the wild. The photographer must have staked out that area for months to snap that shot. popcorn[1].gif
JmuRiz
I have pictures (nothing incriminating), but I'm holding out for the right price:)

More proof Scotty is too nice biggrin.gif
altitude411
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jan 10 2016, 07:33 AM) *

A truly rare picture of Scotty B in the wild. The photographer must have staked out that area for months to snap that shot. popcorn[1].gif

Looks to have been baited in w/fuchs..... dry.gif
Unobtanium-inc
Actually, he was saying something like,
"The good stuff is in the back of the van, c'mon in, don't be afraid, I won't bite"

Woke up three days later with 1 kidney...
SirAndy
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Jan 10 2016, 08:00 AM) *
Actually, he was saying something like,
"The good stuff is in the back of the van, c'mon in, don't be afraid, I won't bite"
Woke up three days later with 1 kidney...

Sounds like you're still butthurt about it ...
lol-2.gif
whitetwinturbo
..........hey, is that banjo music blink.gif
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(whitetwinturbo @ Jan 10 2016, 10:58 AM) *

..........hey, is that banjo music blink.gif

Well, I was down South...
But no, I grew up in GA, and have been down the Chatuga river where Delieverence was filmed and if I didn't get it then, I don't think Scott would be the one.

All kidding aside, the deal went from bad to worse, and Scott was there just as support, he had no vested interest in the deal, and could have gotten his van and drove away when the shit hit the fan, but instead he went above and beyond to save an ugly deal. Including unloading parts at his parents farm at 1AM in the dark, all so we could secure the stash.
Scott is a gentleman among men, and finding gentleman in a multi-thousand $$$ Porsche deal is not as easy as you might think.
krazykonrad
Pray tell, was this from a guy living in NW Georgia?

Konrad
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(krazykonrad @ Jan 10 2016, 05:51 PM) *

Pray tell, was this from a guy living in NW Georgia?

Konrad

Nope, never had much luck in GA, though I did grow up in Atlanta. The only car I have ever pulled from North GA was an A Coupe. The guy's wife had all of her gardening stuff in it, so they called it "The Flowerpot"

I did have a long conversation with a guy in North GA today, Joe Cogbill, know him? Funny dude that Joe.
krazykonrad
That name sounds familiar, but I cant say for sure. A buddy of mine and I rolled up to somewhere near Dalton a few years ago. Were looking at a tube frame 911 rally car with a fiberglass shell. The dude (an older guy) lived in this cabin in the woods complete with a giant tv blaring techno music.

He claimed that he basically invented 914s. He has a couple of tractor trailer loads of parts that appear on craigslist from time to time. There might be some good stuff in there, but in his mind, everything is just as pristine as when he put them in there 25 years ago.

That 356 is awesome find. Using that as a tool shed blows my mind!

Konrad
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.