Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick FI question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Always Looking
Does it matter which FI I attach to the two plugs from the harness on either side of the engine? Also, does it matter which way the plug inserts into the injector? If either does matter, how do I set them up correctly. (Sorry about the novice terminology.)

72 1.7 FI

huh.gif huh.gif huh.gif
Dave_Darling
It does matter which wires you plug into which injector. They originally had different-colored "boots" on them, black and grey. I recall that the black ones went on the rear-most injectors?? To be sure of which is what, though, you will have to unplug the connector at the ECU and use a continuity tester (or ohmmeter) to check which pin numbers the various injector plugs are hooked up to.

If you get them wrong, the car will run--but it will be a little "off", particularly at idle and lower RPMs.

You can plug the plug into the injector any which way, as far as I can tell it doesn't matter. The plugs themselves have two beveled corners, but the sockets in the injectors don't have the bevels to match--so I'm pretty sure that Bosch didn't think it mattered which way around they were either.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.