Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 916-6 hard oil line?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kerrys914
I am looking for the hard oil line from the engine block to the oil tank (Well just short of the oil tank)

I would rather not run 4' of hose between the oil tank to the engine. A cleaner installation would be to have the hard line run from the passanger side block connection to close to the tank (maybe about 12" of AN-12 hose will be needed)

Can this be DIY'd or is someone on the board making them?

Should have my heads back soon smilie_pokal.gif I hope to have the engine running by TAX DAY. welder.gif welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif

Cheers driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
bwilless
I have an original from my 914-6 that I would sell for a fair price. If interested I could not get it in the mail until Wed of next week.
ClayPerrine
Patrick Motorsport makes hard lines for the 914 that comes from the engine to just short of the tank. It ends in an AN-12 fitting for the tank end. DougC has the one he bought from me with the vellios tank and lines.
nickg
gpr has new rubber ones to replace that line.....
IronHillRestorations
If you are going with AN lines, why not just get a adapter for the case? I've got those if that's what you want to do Kerry. The only reason to go with the factory hard line is if you were using all factory stuff. If you've got a hardline that came with your engine, you can easily adapt it to AN.
Kerrys914
Thanks Perry. I was just trying to clean things up some by not routing hose everywhere. It just seems like a cleaner installation.

My engine didn't come with the hard line so I am starting from scratch headbang.gif I don't really need a OEM hard line just a hard line that has an OEM fitting at the engine end and AN-12 at the tank end.

Thanks for letting me know you have the adapters. If I end up going ALL hose I'll be getting one off you smile.gif

I think I have about 2-3 weeks before I really need that hose or hard line.
nickg
kerry, i have a 911 one you can have if you want it
Root_Werks
QUOTE (nickg @ Mar 17 2005, 06:46 AM)
kerry, i have a 911 one you can have if you want it

If you take the 911 hard line and cut it, you get a good 12-16" of hard line out of it I think? Then you can have an AN fitting welded to the cut end, thus a much shorter line from engine to tank. So you get the metric fitting left alone at one end and an easy AN fitting at the other end. I have done it before, doing it again on my latest six.
Trekkor
Mines -12AN, 120 degree hose end off the case and all the way to the tank. Two fittings. wink.gif
As the line passes the header, it's fire sleeved and the header is wrapped, too.

KT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.