Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Oil Pump: What to pack it with?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
today im installng the new oil pump. I remember i packed the last one with vaseline, what should i pack this one with?

AA
Type 4
Yes a small amount of vasoline wiped on the gears will help it prime.
Demick
I packed mine with the same engine assembly lube that I used everywhere else. It was basically a very lightweight white grease.

Demick
Thorshammer
Engine assembly lube has some moly in it, but use it sparingly. Do not over pack the pump, you just want it to draw a good vacuum intially, I fill the oil cooler and the pressure sending unit hole, and the filter with oil before I try to turn it over, and without the plugs in as well. Also Make sure the battery is in good condition and the motor spins over quickly, this will help.

Erik
Rusty
With that question coming from you... I would figure the answer would be clear.

FUDGE! laugh.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif

P.S. Damn, I'm tired. Funny, too... lol3.gif
phantom914
QUOTE (Lawrence @ Mar 17 2005, 08:58 AM)

FUDGE! laugh.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif

laugh.gif Darn, I thought exactly the same thing when I saw the title and who was asking. But you beat me to it.

Andrew
ChrisReale
QUOTE (Lawrence @ Mar 17 2005, 08:58 AM)

FUDGE! laugh.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif

that was the first thing I thought about! Sorry Aaron, but your 914Club destiny has been chosen for you
nebreitling
sorry.
type47
how about discussing reusing old oil pumps..... how do you check one to see if it's still in spec? what are the specs?
Aaron Cox
you guys suck sad.gif mad.gif
MattR
aww aaron,
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.