Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: reliable porsche shop SF Bay Area
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
blackmoon
Looking for a reliable shop to help sort out why my car is running rough. Due to health issues limited on what I can do myself. Anybody know of a shop located in the Eastbay (SF Bay Area) that they can recommend/
Tom_T
Try Rich Bontempi at HPH - High Performance House in Redwood City, he's a long time 914 guy & racer.

Others up there may have additional shops.

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Mueller
http://www.kahlers.com/

I think they might be closer to you, however I think they under new ownership and looking at the website it looks like only "newish" cars being serviced...odds are half their staff doesn't even know what a 914 is!

I could be dead wrong, it couldn't hurt to call and ask.
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jan 11 2016, 03:55 PM) *

I think they might be closer to you, however I think they under new ownership and looking at the website it looks like only "newish" cars being serviced...odds are half their staff doesn't even know what a 914 is!

Correct, Kahlers does not know 914s. Avoid.

What are the problems with the car? Most of us do our own work here.
JimN73
Joe Zeiph at Porboys in Oakland is an ex-914 guy and has helped me out on several occasions. Good with carbs, too.

Expect to pay big city prices.
BeemerSteve
Back 30 years ago I use to take my car to Reitmeirs Werkstatt in Los Altos which use to belong to Joe Reitmeir but now his son Jeff continues his legacy since 1966.
Very recommended service shop for Porsche cars and I do believe they still race Porsches as well.
SirAndy
QUOTE(blackmoon @ Jan 11 2016, 03:18 PM) *

Looking for a reliable shop to help sort out why my car is running rough. Due to health issues limited on what I can do myself. Anybody know of a shop located in the Eastbay (SF Bay Area) that they can recommend/

Bill Eason at Eason Auto Works
3423 Harlan St
Emeryville, CA 94608
(510) 420-1262
http://easonauto.com/

He's right at the Emeryville/West Oakland border. It's a small shop, he does good work and knows 914s.
smile.gif
JKW
I'd recommend Ben Kirchner at Retrosport in Berkeley and Mobile Works West (Tom actually comnes to your place and can do most anything right there). Both are very experienced with older Porsche incluiding 914s.
bfrymire
Sportech in Campbell.
Chris Pincetich
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 11 2016, 04:42 PM) *

Bill Eason at Eason Auto Works
3423 Harlan St
Emeryville, CA 94608
(510) 420-1262
http://easonauto.com/

He's right at the Emeryville/West Oakland border. It's a small shop, he does good work and knows 914s.
smile.gif

agree.gif beerchug.gif
Briby37
I use Dave Modderman at Modderman Service in Mountain View. It's a bit of a hike from Oakland. Probably not as knowledgeable as Rich Bontempi (few are), but his shop is cleaner and I enjoy working with him more (personal taste, nothing wrong with Rich).
cali914
Bill Eason, Ben, retro sport, Chris at Baur in Oakland good luck
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jan 11 2016, 04:06 PM) *

QUOTE(Mueller @ Jan 11 2016, 03:55 PM) *

Correct, Kahlers does not know 914s. Avoid.

What are the problems with the car? Most of us do our own work here.

agree.gif
They like water pumpers.

Tom Amon is a mobile guy and does great work. The world opens up if you can get it to SJ.
Wyvern
When I last talked to Tom Amon (Mobil Works West) he really pushed back on even touching anything to do with FI on the 914 .Was happy to install a Carbed 6 though evilgrin.gif

If you catch John @ Valhalla in Lafayette on a good day (there isnt a lot of them) he may help.
His quoting for 914 work is usually "Buy the Hour"

I haven't checked on their willingness to work on 914s but Pacific Power Motorsports is in Walnut Creek.

What kind of "work" do you think you need ? I have been able to do everything needed with the brain trust found right here.
boxsterfan

What do you need done?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.