Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: isolate wideband o2's?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mwood
apologize for the non-strictly-porsche related question.
I am hoping it is acceptable because so many are doing subaru swaps.

I have a subaru 6 in my car with dual innovate motorsports wideband o2 sensors.

I am ready to test-start my car but haven't built an exhaust yet because I am using a combo of stainless and non-stainless parts that I cant weld to each other..

there is only about 2" of header collector behind my wideband O2 sensors and then nothing, and I remember being unable to start a friend's e30 with the exhaust removed because the single wire O2 was contaminated by outside oxygen.

Can anyone confirm if the lack of containment on my widebands will make it impossible to test-start my engine momentarily?
do i have to wait until I finish my exhaust

thanks alot

p.s. if anyone was wondering, the stock innovate kit comes with long enough wire to use in a 914 with an ecu mounted under-dash, if you are willing to hide the sender in or on your center tunnel.

Mitch
ThePaintedMan
I don't see why that would be a problem. The engine should start in "open loop" mode for the first few minutes, whereby it would not utilize a signal from the O2 sensors anyway. Typically it goes into closed loop after the water temperature sensor sends the signal to the ECU that the engine is at operating temp.

Are we talking an EG33 or an EZ30 or 36?

Oh, and of course,
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Mwood
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Jan 11 2016, 07:08 PM) *

I don't see why that would be a problem. The engine should start in "open loop" mode for the first few minutes, whereby it would not utilize a signal from the O2 sensors anyway. Typically it goes into closed loop after the water temperature sensor sends the signal to the ECU that the engine is at operating temp.

Are we talking an EG33 or an EZ30 or 36?

Oh, and of course,
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Hey paintedman thanks alot. Its an EG.
You going megasquirt? I have mine setup very simple with ms2 ford edis and idle screw(no valve). Hoping it works.
Edit: if it fires tomorrow ill post a vid haha
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.