Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alien Stuff
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howard
Met Rick and his extended family at WCC last year. Seeing a guy give this much of himself for the club was the main reason I volunteered to take on the job for 2005.

He is doing a noble thing, and deserves our support. Not as a bribe to come to the event, but just a pat on the back for doing the right thing yet again. Besides everything else, a little financial support couldn't hurt. I have his email address and paypal'd him a few $$ to help. I don't want to post it (he doesn't even know about this) but PM me if you want to help.
skline
PM sent
JoeSharp
Thanks Howard.
biggrin.gif Joe
xitspd
PM sent as well!
JeffBowlsby
I have an idea...

Last year we had three guys who couldn't make it...Lawrence, Dave Cawdrey and Sean Lee that contributed alot to the WCC04 yet couldn't attend for one reason or another. I sent them goodie bags/Tshirts/Rallyeplates etc as the best we could do.

What if we were to officially offer a stipend or 'scholarship' to someone we select to attend the WCC who we all want to attend but that otherwise may not be able to make it? I can think of several people that it would be great to include...
rick 918-S
Hey Howard.... I do read the BBs when I can during the day. laugh.gif

Listen, The thing with my son's girl friend was only the final straw that stopped us from coming. I still have many other unresolved issues I was willing to put asside. I would gladly pack everyone up and take them with. You all know I would, I did it last year. But they have a spring break just before the event. I want them to settle in and get back on track. (finishing school, working, they both have part time jobs, and getting ready for collage) A second school break is not going to help them achieve that end. It's not a money issue. I spend money like it's free. Ask my wife. dry.gif lol2.gif

I thank you all for your support and I'll see ya at another event when things jell here later in the year.
rhodyguy
your son's girl friend? missed something i guess. "if you two make me miss this trip, you are going to regret it. pm sent.

k
spare time toys
I tell you what Rick is one of the nicest guys I know. He has given more insperation and help and work on my project than anyone I can think of. He has put in time to make specialized parts that I would never figured out. Then on top of that starts off the Brad fund. My hats off to you old buddy smilie_pokal.gif
skline
Not me, I am a little tense with all this "Cant make it" stuff, Pack up the kids and bring them all up like you did last year. You would be sadly missed if you dont come out again this year. The weather will be nice so it will be a change from the freezing cold you are in now so the kids would love it. It would give them a break as well.

Dont make me come up there!!
rick 918-S
QUOTE (spare time toys @ Mar 17 2005, 11:58 AM)
I tell you what Rick is one of the nicest guys I know. He has given more insperation and help and work on my project than anyone I can think of. He has put in time to make specialized parts that I would never figured out. Then on top of that starts off the Brad fund. My hats off to you old buddy smilie_pokal.gif

Thanks man! That's what I do. Kind of a cheerleader. Thanks for picking up the bumping ball on the bail thread. I didn't think it would last the weekend.

See, that's why I come here.
rick 918-S
QUOTE (skline @ Mar 17 2005, 12:06 PM)
Not me, I am a little tense with all this "Cant make it" stuff, Pack up the kids and bring them all up like you did last year. You would be sadly missed if you dont come out again this year. The weather will be nice so it will be a change from the freezing cold you are in now so the kids would love it. It would give them a break as well.

Dont make me come up there!!

Scott, I've been watching your progress. Your a work-a-holic like me. I was looking forward to seeing you and your "cars." We had a great time with you all last year.

You know I would pack these kids up and fly them out in a minute if I thought it was the right thing to do. Problem is the kids have spring break just before the WCC. I want them to get settled in on a routine and stop worrying about living arrangements, food, and life and get back to school work, part time jobs, and friends. I don't think the extra time away from school on their graduating year will be productive. Kids need to feel safe not smothered. We will do what we need to do then plan a trip later in the summer.

I think were doing the right thing, We seem to be the place where all the kids come to hang out. If someone needs a ride they call here. We have 3 rock bands that practice here, and several other kids coming in and out, sleeping here When they don't want to go home, and eating us out of house and home. I wouldn't have it any other way. None of these kids have developed the bad habits or gave into peer pressure. Were not religious but still thankful.
neo914-6
Rich,

How about sending your car here with someone who can attend from your area but doesn't have a car ready, yeah right. laugh.gif

Your Alien thread was one of the most motivating factors in getting me attend to the WCC04 and I thank you for that. Oh sure it was only a 50 mile stretch for me but laziness stifles the best of us. There were ALOT of Bay Area 914er not present. It's a no-brainer, family first. clap.gif

rick 918-S
Thank you all for the kind words today. I have received several caring personal messages and email from members here. Here's a picture of my son and Cassy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.