Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Poor Aaron
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
Just got a call from Aaron, he is half way into his engine drop to do some more mods on his car and got everything off but the CV joints. He lost his tool. So if anyone is out in that area and has one, he is in dire need of it as he has no other means of transportation. Its kind of funny in a way. But since he is the butt of a lot of jokes, I didnt want to make fun of him. Someone help this kid out.
MattR
I told him to wait until sunday so I could help him! But no, he HAD to be ambitious... kids.

icon_bump.gif for the admin
phantom914
Ha Ha! laugh.gif

Actually, where is Aaron? Corona or Pomona? I have a CV tool and live close to Pomona, but I can't get there 'til 6:00 or so.

Andrew
JoeSharp
I'm up for it . Where is he.
biggrin.gif Joe
MattR
He's in Corona.
John
I thought he had some studying to do. Or at least work on those 904 gauge kits.... laugh.gif
bd1308
when i last talked to him, he was studying for a trig final. I HATE TRIG. i think he's pretty close to bein done now though
skline
Yeah, he is in Corona and the only thing he needs is the tool to remove the CV joints.
MattR
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Mar 17 2005, 10:47 AM)
when i last talked to him, he was studying for a trig final. I HATE TRIG. i think he's pretty close to bein done now though

Aaron finished with finals on tuesday. Trig was done with on monday.
He was bitching to me about his finals all weekend, then I told him what I had and he shut up laugh.gif

Now, if you guys will stop bothering me, I'll get to studying!!!
John
when i last talked to him, he was studying for a trig final. I HATE TRIG.

Is he in High School?

Good Lord! I'm old. sad.gif
bd1308
no he's in college.....but he's on a quarter system there or something......i dunno I just want his damn clock just as much as he wants mine
azbill
I told him to go to the machine shop and get the gauge work done - ah these kids these days never do what thier told. What are you going to do - spanke them????

Some one please help him get out of the mess he got himself in so he can do what he should be doing the GAUGES chair.gif
phantom914
QUOTE (azbill @ Mar 17 2005, 11:11 AM)
I told him to go to the machine shop and get the gauge work done .................. What are you going to do - spanke them????

If you offer to spank Aaron, he'll do it right away.

Andrew
Joe Bob
Yeeesch, A REAL MAN woulda used a set of vice grips to crack them loose and then used his fingers to turn them out.....BTDT when the DAPO stripped the heads and my triple square wouldn't work.... headbang.gif
Aaron Cox
well.... joe sharp called me....

he said he would show up in 45 minutes.... that was 3hours ago ohmy.gif i hope he is allright! unsure.gif
he carrys no cell..... ohmy.gif

Brando called,

hes on his way....

Thanks scott, for posting.....im a grunge monster right now......

I really hope joe sharp like fell asleep or something.....and didnt crash his car ohmy.gif ...

so.... i have been looking for my cv tool for 3 hours lol2.gif

brando- you rock man.....
jgiroux67
What is a cv tool? Any pictures? I got my cv's off and on with no problem, although it would helped if i had taken off the heat exchangers.
Mr.C
This
mightyohm

Works every time, if you don't have the right tools.
jgiroux67
Are you talking about the four bolts that bolt the cv's to the transmission?
Is it bad that I used an allen wrench? It seemed like it fit perfectly.
scotty914
well the allen wrench might have fit because somepeople changed the bolts to allen heads. but the stock bolts use a triple square wrench, and an allen can very easily damage the stock bolts.

go check your cvs and make sure you are using the right tool either way.

btw the right size is 8mm.
TheCabinetmaker
Some have been replaced by allen bolts.
jgiroux67
Mine must have been changed to allen head because it was a perfect fit.
Aaron Cox
well....heres an update.

Brando arrived and we worked like mad on the car.... joes 'beauty' had 2 flat tires..... so he had a tow home.... and then drove out in his other 914. together.... all 3 of us managed to have the engine out rather briskly......

stripped bolt... hello sawzall!

brando helped me out for 6 hours.... we stripped all the tin, ready for paint, pulled the oil pump, pulled the relief pistons....and scrubbed everything like mad..... put in the SS braided oil psi relocation kit....

MxMark is dropping by tomorrow to help me set up the mallory dizzy...... aktion035.gif

i need to go chase paint (or 1 hour powdercoating LOL) and some longer oil pump studs.......

Brando- you rock dude! thanks for the hours of help......i owe you more than in n out smilie_pokal.gif
Elliot_Cannon
So, have you stopped fondling your new oil pump long enough to intall it?
Cheers, Elliot
JoeSharp
Yeah! I left just before lunch so Aaron could afford to buy everyone lunch. laugh.gif
biggrin.gif Joe
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Elliot Cannon @ Mar 17 2005, 09:40 PM)
Cheers, Elliot

need longer studs....
teenrookie
Sorry I missed out on all the fun...you know I would have been there if I could ( icon8.gif ).

What time are you working on it tomorrow?

Aaron Cox
QUOTE (teenrookie @ Mar 17 2005, 09:46 PM)
Sorry I missed out on all the fun...you know I would have been there if I could ( icon8.gif ).

What time are you working on it tomorrow?

dawn till dusk....

i aim to be driving in 24 hours.....

i need an adjustable timing light....
MattR
QUOTE (Elliot Cannon @ Mar 17 2005, 08:40 PM)
Cheers, Elliot

i wonder what he'll fondle now that his hands are free?

flipa.gif
swood
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Mar 17 2005, 08:36 PM)

......i owe you more than in n out smilie_pokal.gif

blink.gif
Elliot_Cannon
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Mar 17 2005, 09:44 PM)
QUOTE (Elliot Cannon @ Mar 17 2005, 09:40 PM)
       Cheers,   Elliot

need longer studs....

I've never had that problem.
Elliot
JoeSharp
RFLMAO laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
biggrin.gif Joe
Brando
QUOTE (Elliot Cannon @ Mar 17 2005, 08:40 PM)
Cheers, Elliot

ROFL lol2.gif

Yeah, I took it away so I could fondle it some. Ooooh, so shiny... That's a pretty stout oil pump. If you're still on jack stands by saturday give me a call, I might be able to help with re-assembly.
Aaron Cox
man, you guys really do suck.....every fu***n time mad.gif

i expect to be driving it tomorrow nite. on the agenda, LONGER STUDS, 1000 grit sand paper/polishing compund to true the mating surface. install the pump. install weltmeister oil relief pistons. Repaint the tin. Change out fan, for one complete with all fins, time the motor with the new dizzy......

and drive the piss out of it for 50, 000 miles! laugh.gif
swood
Dude, AAA, stop walkin into the jokes!! You're leavin yourself wide open. (no pun intended, really)

Can't wait to meet you dude. Your a burgeoning 914 guru and all around good guy!

I need help with my brakes. biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (swood @ Mar 17 2005, 10:42 PM)
Dude, AAA, stop walkin into the jokes!! You're leavin yourself wide open. (no pun intended, really)

Can't wait to meet you dude. Your a burgeoning 914 guru and all around good guy!

I need help with my brakes. biggrin.gif

buy beer and pay for gas....and hook me up with your a local college coed (FEMALE).... laugh.gif
swood
Theres always plenty of beer and gas over here... ohmy.gif

The coeds...yer on yer own cowboy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.