Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welding Rotted areas...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MikeInMunich
Hey guys! Thanks for your help!

I'm wondering about replacement metal / pieces for rotted areas. welder.gif

Does one have to always do custom work with sheet metal or are there pre-fab pieces / sections on the market? I know about the chassis stiffening kits and I think there are pre fab jack hole section / pieces out there, but I am wondering about the longitudinals and the hell hole in particular.

Thanks again for your time! beerchug.gif

Mike in Munich
smilie_flagge6.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ Jan 13 2016, 11:42 AM) *

Does one have to always do custom work with sheet metal or are there pre-fab pieces / sections on the market? I know about the chassis stiffening kits and I think there are pre fab jack hole section / pieces out there, but I am wondering about the longitudinals and the hell hole in particular.

Mike in Munich
smilie_flagge6.gif

Mike, I just bought all those parts for my project from Restoration Design in Canada!!! has all you need, floors jack points, longs etc etc!!!
MikeInMunich
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Jan 13 2016, 08:53 AM) *

QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ Jan 13 2016, 11:42 AM) *

Mike in Munich
smilie_flagge6.gif

Mike, I just bought all those parts for my project from Restoration Design in Canada!!! has all you need, floors jack points, longs etc etc!!!

Thanks! Was just looking at Auto Atlanta's site and got the answer to my question, but it's good to know other sources for sure. Great tip! beerchug.gif
peteyd
We have a European Distributor in the Netherlands. There is a link on our webpage.

Here is it anyways....

http://www.restoration-design.eu/

Pete
mepstein
Restoration design 1st.
AA only as a very last resort.
MikeInMunich
QUOTE(peteyd @ Jan 13 2016, 09:09 AM) *

We have a European Distributor in the Netherlands. There is a link on our webpage.

Here is it anyways....

Pete

Thanks Pete. I was just on your site. Looks like this thing needs up to as much as $2k in parts. The car is in Texas.

M.i.M.
worn
QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ Jan 13 2016, 09:27 AM) *

QUOTE(peteyd @ Jan 13 2016, 09:09 AM) *

Here is it anyways....

Pete

Thanks Pete. I was just on your site. Looks like this thing needs up to as much as $2k in parts. The car is in Texas.

M.i.M.

The money spent on the Resto Design parts is the best value that you can find in 914 parts. It takes a lot of time and effort to accurately fab the sheet metal parts that it isn't worth it. You are still ahead if you get a minimum wage job on the side to buy the parts. Then you can use your art and talent on the tricky places where they do not sell panels or filling the smaller holes on flat metal.between the panel and the car that needs filling.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.