Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1975 914 2.0 D-Jet w/Backdated Bumpers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Pages: 1, 2
Vysoc
I am reluctant to do this but I am putting my first 914 on the market as their are some changes coming in the future and I need to downsize to concentrate on my Build-Off Project.

Up for Sale is my:
1975 914 2.0 D-Jet
VIN: 4752907063
Original Engine: GC1924 Replaced with: GA5700

Here is the story on this vehicle. I purchased this car in 2006 from a gentlemen in Marshfield, Mass. the car was originally from the San Diego area. When I purchased the car the mileage was in the 140K area the car was in original L31M Scarlet Red.
The engine, a GC case was not in the car at the time of purchase but went with the car along with boxes and boxes of 914 parts as the owner had taken great care of this vehicle. Over the next four years, parts of the car were dismantled for a repaint as I wanted to paint the car into a White & Black color scheme. I have a body shop friend and he worked out a couple of dings and one small rust spot on the rear trunk.
The car was actually amazingly clean and I had ideas of Auto Crossing the car but the deeper we got into it the more we realized the car was in great shape. An exterior repaint was performed, there are areas in the front trunk that we did not touch. The car has the Appearance Package which included the front console with the 3 gauges: Voltmeter, Temp Gauge and Oil Pressure Gauge. Interior is in 8.5 of 10 condition with 1 crack on the dash. I took the heavy bumpers off and replaced them with the 70-72 style for the cleanest look. Seats are in good shape with no tears or rips but the backside of the Drivers headrest needs a small 1 inch area re stitched. I refinished the targa top and we resprayed it in white to match the car and help deal with the hot Florida sun.
All brake systems were gone through, updated Brake Lines, Porterfield 4S's pads were added to the front and the rear calipers were replaced with a set from Eric at PMB.
Original Engine was deemed a rebuild because of a failed woodruff key. I researched and decided that the GA case engine with the 95 HP was the best alternative. I purchased a used motor and rebuilt all fuel lines and Fuel Injectors as well as cleaning and lined the fuel tank. We reset the timing, replaced a MPS Unit and the car roared back to life and has been an absolute pleasure to drive. I have only had to adjust (tighten) the clutch cable at Okteenerfest this year, otherwise things have been flawless. I have replaced all bushings in the shift Rod linkage and the transmission is the best 901 I have driven as it was rebuilt 10+ years ago by Otto (John Williamson) in Venice California. Clutch was also replaced. I personally do not put a great deal of miles on this car but she could be driven everyday. I have taken her to the Last two Okteenerfest's and had the time of my life on those awesome roads. You must drive those type of roads to really understand what great cars the 914's are.
I have a nice little San Francisco Blaupunkt Stereo with Polk speakers in the car and I have an aftermarket Dino steering wheel. The suspension is very updated and all shocks are fresh, the car has Sway Bars on Front and Rear. Wheels are after market Enkei Mesh spokes with Sumitomo HTR 200 / 195/65/R15 with less than 5,000 miles on them.
Pictures will show the car with all European Lights (Rear, Front and Side markers)These will be going to my 914-6 GT Project and I have US lights that will replace them.
This is a great car and a great driver, an excellent opportunity to pick up a well sorted, solid 914 that needs very little to no work as she is ready willing and able.
I have a ton of photo's many from a two post lift. Please contact me through PM and I can get your e-mail address to send you as much detail and additional photo's.

I am listing the car at $12,000.00 OBO.
Please contact me via the PM if you are interested and want to talk about the prospect of purchasing this car, I really love it but need to make room for changes.

Vysoc flag.gif
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

MikeInMunich
Looks really nice, but how about some photos of the interior, engine and underneath, etc.?
Sparkysounddog
Where in Florida?
iwanta914-6
Very nice 914 at a very fair price!
Vysoc
Bonita Springs, Florida.
Between Fort Myers & Naples on the SW Florida Coast.

Thanks,

Vysoc flag.gif
drifter914
QUOTE(Vysoc @ Jan 15 2016, 10:50 AM) *

Bonita Springs, Florida.

Thanks,

Vysoc flag.gif

Hi Vysoc... I want to buy your car ! This is what I've been looking for.
Thanks... Terry
PM sent
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(drifter914 @ Jan 16 2016, 01:07 PM) *

Bonita Springs, Florida.

Thanks,

Vysoc flag.gif

Thanks... Terry
PM sent

I'm jealous. I'm hoping to buy this spring, just don't have the finances in place right now. It looks like a fantastic driver!
JOEPROPER
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Jan 16 2016, 05:05 PM) *

QUOTE(drifter914 @ Jan 16 2016, 01:07 PM) *

Bonita Springs, Florida.

Thanks,

Vysoc flag.gif

Thanks... Terry
PM sent

I'm jealous. I'm hoping to buy this spring, just don't have the finances in place right now. It looks like a fantastic driver!

Hey Vysoc,
Let me know if Terry doesn't take the car. I'm interested

thanks
Joe
Vysoc
Thanks Joe, I am currently in negotiations with Terry.

Thank you,

Vysoc flag.gif
Vysoc
I am off the market.

Deposit Received from Terry, this 914 is going to another very dedicated 914 guy! driving.gif

I am very proud to be a part of this 914 World community!

My first 914 will be well cared for, and I can now concentrate on the Build-Off...going to miss my little White Baby but she is going to a great home and that is what it is all about!

Thanks Terry and Thanks to 914 World!!! smilie_pokal.gif

Vysoc flag.gif
porschetub
QUOTE(Vysoc @ Jan 18 2016, 01:21 PM) *

I am off the market.

Deposit Received from Terry, this 914 is going to another very dedicated 914 guy! driving.gif

I am very proud to be a part of this 914 World community!

My first 914 will be well cared for, and I can now concentrate on the Build-Off...going to miss my little White Baby but she is going to a great home and that is what it is all about!

Thanks Terry and Thanks to 914 World!!! smilie_pokal.gif

Vysoc flag.gif

I nice well sorted car such as this tell me where these cars are heading value wise,well presented drivers are sitting around to 10 to 15k mark and slowly moving up,seems to be happening a little faster in the last year or so?
Congrats to the seller beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
It is always nice to see one of our members be able to sell their nice car to one of our other members. That car will be well cared for I am sure.
2mAn
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jan 21 2016, 07:43 AM) *

It is always nice to see one of our members be able to sell their nice car to one of our other members. That car will be well cared for I am sure.

I agree, this thing is gorgeous. Im still a little torn about what type of 914 Im looking for but this one was sexy.

Congrats to both!
drifter914
Sad to say, I had to pass on the purchase of this beautifully sorted 914. Complications with a recent surgery, plus unexpected expenses cost me the opportunity to buy this amazing car from Peter.
He was very understanding of my circumstances & graciously refunded my deposit.
Peter is a 914 lover to the bone & spent a lot of time & money sorting this car out & up-grading it w/ front & rear sway bars, nearly-new stainless HE's, stainless fuel lines thru tunnel, pass. side door mirror, etc.
I love this car ! If you read his ad & look closely at the pics, you will see it's well worth his asking price. IMO, a well sorted driver of this quality is well worth at least $3,000. over the average driver you find for sale.
I'm very sorry to have to pass it by. These don't come around very often.
Thank you Peter. I was also lucky to make a new friend here !
Terry ... alias drifter 914.
Vysoc
Hello World,

I have reached out to JOEPROPER who unfortunately just bought a 914 this last week, so my White Car is back on the market.

I am sad that an unfortunate set of circumstances caused Terry to have to pull out.

Again this is a well sorted great running and driving 914 in beautiful shape, I believe she is priced fairly and I would like her to go to a 914 World Member!

PM me if you are interested.

Thanks,

Vysoc flag.gif
matthepcat
Bump for you. This is a really sharp looking car.

Should be easy to find a home.
JOEPROPER
I have to say, Vysoc and Terry both reached out to me about the availability of Vysoc's car. A truly a classy couple of guys. Unfortunately or maybe fortunately, I bought a 1975 914 2.0L on EEebbaayyyy last week and have a little project with it. So... good luck to the lucky one next in line. It appears to be well worth the $.
iwanta914-6
This once again should not last long.
eman 928
PM sent
Vysoc
PM Responded to.

Thanks,

Vysoc flag.gif
eman 928
QUOTE(Vysoc @ Feb 2 2016, 04:14 PM) *

PM Responded to.

Thanks,

Vysoc flag.gif

Please call me at the number in my PM.

Thanks!
SBRNY1
PM sent. Looking forward to hearing from you. It has been a long search for the right car.
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(SBRNY1 @ Feb 2 2016, 10:33 PM) *

PM sent. Looking forward to hearing from you. It has been a long search for the right car.

Your search has most likely not been longer than mine. I've run across many great teeners, I just don't have the money. Unfortunately for me, they keep getting more expensive. For now I just enjoy living through the great owners of the "world".
robphelan
it's a couple of weeks until I find out what my bonus will be.. otherwise, I'd nearly commit to this beauty right now.

I looove the color scheme..
Gmanscott55
pm sent..
Vysoc
Still Available confused24.gif blink.gif idea.gif huh.gif

Vysoc flag.gif
carguy987
How do I contact you?
email me at carguy987@hotmail.com
Vysoc
carguy987,

I just sent you a PM with contact info.

Thanks,

Vysoc flag.gif
oldcrow333
I sent you a message, please shoot me a call when you are free tomorrow. I am very interested.

GH
Vysoc
oldcrow333,

Did not receive your message, please PM through 914 World.

Thanks,

Vysoc flag.gif
Porscheliebhaber
PM sent. Please let me know if you received it.

Thanks in advance,
Rhonda
Vysoc
QUOTE(Porscheliebhaber @ Feb 12 2016, 08:16 PM) *

PM sent. Please let me know if you received it.

Thanks in advance,
Rhonda

Rhonda,

PM Received and responded to!

Thank you for your interest!!

Vysoc flag.gif
gridgway
Hi, I sent a PM a few days back. I was wondering if you received it?
Cheers
Graham
Vysoc
Hello Graham,

I just responded to your PM sorry for the delay!

Vysoc flag.gif
ThePaintedMan
I really, really, really want this car. If I didn't have an 8 month old, I'd probably figure out how to buy it. Would ya take payments, lol? poke.gif

Good luck Vysoc - be patient and I'm sure you'll find a good home soon enough.
Jetsetsurfshop
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Feb 21 2016, 09:20 PM) *

I really, really, really want this car. If I didn't have an 8 month old, I'd probably figure out how to buy it. Would ya take payments, lol? poke.gif

Good luck Vysoc - be patient and I'm sure you'll find a good home soon enough.

Man....this seems like a lot of car for the price. Have you seen this car first in person?
Vysoc
Thank you my Florida neighbors,

It looks like this could be headed to the UK, we are set for a PPI on Thursday, I am confident she will make it through with flying colors.

We will see after the PPI.

Thank you for your kind words.

Painted Man,
I have heard about you from TC but our paths have never crossed.

Jetsetsurfshop,
I know you are in Marco but we have never met, PM me as I am in Bonita.

Thanks,

Vysoc flag.gif
gridgway
And I have to say the UK is very excited about the prospect!
Big day today!
Graham
David Stowers
Looks nice Graham, welcome to UK 914 ownership
David (jackstowers on DDK)
iwanta914-6
I always shed a tear when another 914 goes across the pond. Congrats to the buyer and seller, it's a great looking car!
gridgway
Thanks David, I'll be posting on DDK shortly!
an Iwanta914-6, don't be sad, it's not that far away and we love our Porches too!
Chris H.
That was a great deal. We all had our chance. Enjoy it Graham.
Vysoc
Looks like England.........Congratulations Graham!!! smile.gif

Vysoc flag.gif
gridgway
And that's despite the Brexit shenanigans trying to wreck the exchange rate!!

Really looking forward to it!

Thanks Peter

QUOTE(Vysoc @ Mar 10 2016, 09:30 AM) *

Vysoc flag.gif

Vysoc
QUOTE(gridgway @ Mar 10 2016, 04:30 PM) *

And that's despite the Brexit shenanigans trying to wreck the exchange rate!!

Really looking forward to it!

Thanks Peter

QUOTE(Vysoc @ Mar 10 2016, 09:30 AM) *

Vysoc flag.gif

Vysoc
Graham,

She just left my property on her way to Brunswick, Georgia and then over the ocean blue to England.

Congratulations, I hope and know you will enjoy this one as much as I did!!!!

first.gif

Vysoc flag.gif
gridgway
I'm like a little boy on Christmas eve waiting for Santa to come!

QUOTE(Vysoc @ Apr 6 2016, 01:44 PM) *

Graham,

She just left my property on her way to Brunswick, Georgia and then over the ocean blue to England.

Congratulations, I hope and know you will enjoy this one as much as I did!!!!

first.gif

Vysoc flag.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.