Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOT:I don't get it
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
Once again, I come home to find a note on my PU wanting to know if it is for sale. Not extraordinary in itself but this has happened 10-15 times ( I shit you not) in the past 2 years. It is just a 97 brown GMC Sonoma, 75K, AC and factory mags, 4cyl, 60/40 seat, 5sp. How plain Jane & low key can you get? What am I missing? WTF.gif
Larmo63
Kanye West drives one and now EVERYBODY wants that model.
914_teener
It.s the same guy who owns the 914 that you walked into the driveway and inquired about! lol-2.gif

Sorry Kent....I couldn.t pass that one up.
Larmo63
agree.gif

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLLOOLOLOOLOLOLOLOL!!!!
rick 918-S
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Coondog
Got two guesses for you

#1 Yard maintenance guy looking for a work truck

#2 Dad looking for first car/truck for son
914nola
According to the GM build data, in 1997 there were only 78000 Sonomas built. Of the 78000 only 10000 were brown, 5000 of those were 5 speeds and only one had a/c. I would put her on jack stands quickly and start a preservation attempt now before it's to late
VegasRacer
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jan 13 2016, 05:21 PM) *

What am I missing?

You are not missing anything. In fact, you have what everybody else wants. splat.gif

*(my second favorite Clickable Smilie.)
matthepcat
Lots of people looking for a good condition small truck for a chores or work truck. Those are great simple trucks that run forever with basic maintenance.
euro911
I think they just want old plumber's trucks to mount AAA weaponry confused24.gif

IPB Image
76-914
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Jan 13 2016, 09:15 PM) *

Lots of people looking for a good condition small truck for a chores or work truck. Those are great simple trucks that run forever with basic maintenance.

I wondered if it might be just this. I knew Toyota pu's were desirable but just didn't get it with this Sonoma. I should have posted a pic but a pic of a Sonoma av-943.gif The rest of you guy's are nucking futs which, if I remember correctly, is a requirement for 914 owners. shades.gif
veekry9
Click to view attachment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLGrXGEMOSo

Perhaps the value is not the truck! smoke.gif
xperu
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 14 2016, 02:04 AM) *

I think they just want old plumber's trucks to mount AAA weaponry confused24.gif

IPB Image

A little off topic. The F-150 picture posted has caused big problems for the plumbing company and the dealership who took the truck as a trade-in.
The plumbing company traded the truck in and the dealer told the plumbing company not to remove the logo from the door, but that they would to preserve the door paint.
The F-150 showed up on a video by ISIS and people here in the Houston started calling the plumbing company and even giving death threats.
The plumbing company lost almost all their business and has sued the dealer ship for damages.
The F-150 must have been sold in some kind of action. This is the story being broadcasted on Houston radio.
Jeffs9146
I have the same thing with my 1998 B3000 v6 xcab Mazda PU. It is basically a bone stock Ford Ranger. Over the past 6 years I have gotten at least 25 notes and spoken to 4 or 5 people wanting it. Most want it for less than $1500, but I still use it often.

They are;

Easy to fix
Parts Cheep
Runs Forever

It is the Yard Maint Co's that are looking for these. Mine has 179K and they still want it!!
6freak
maybe its not the truck he wants sheeplove.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif
gandalf_025
The reason many people wanted late 1990's to early 2000's
Tacoma's so badly was Toyota was buying them back
because of Rusty Frame Rails. They were offering at least 1.5 times
what the trucks were worth.
Some people made a lot of money buying and selling these
trucks back to Toyota. In the mid 2000's, Toyota closed the loophole
by replacing the frames on the trucks and not buying them back.

Was a good income for a lot of unscrupulous people.
euro911
QUOTE(xperu @ Jan 14 2016, 09:07 AM) *
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 14 2016, 02:04 AM) *

IPB Image
A little off topic. The F-150 picture posted has caused big problems for the plumbing company and the dealership who took the truck as a trade-in.
The plumbing company traded the truck in and the dealer told the plumbing company not to remove the logo from the door, but that they would to preserve the door paint.
The F-150 showed up on a video by ISIS and people here in the Houston started calling the plumbing company and even giving death threats.
The plumbing company lost almost all their business and has sued the dealer ship for damages.
The F-150 must have been sold in some kind of aUction. This is the story being broadcasted on Houston radio.
I remember seeing the story on the news, and recently read more about what transpired and all the issues it caused it's ex-owner. It's truly amazing how quickly some people jump to conclusions and how it can make one's life unbearable. I hope his situation gets resolved and the people who threatened him and his family are brought to justice chair.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(6freak @ Jan 14 2016, 11:27 AM) *

maybe its not the truck he wants sheeplove.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif

agree.gif
Stop wearing male daisy dukes!
VegasRacer

97 brown GMC Sonoma, 75K,

'97 GMC Sonoma - 60K original

So, what is the correct mileage? confused24.gif chair.gif Please update your signature. happy11.gif
Larmo63
Maybe it is the comely way Kent sits on the tailgate at night taking a late night "puff?"

Click to view attachment
914_teener
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jan 14 2016, 09:15 PM) *

Maybe it is the comely way Kent sits on the tailgate at night taking a late night "puff?"

Click to view attachment

av-943.gif
76-914
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Jan 14 2016, 08:57 PM) *

97 brown GMC Sonoma, 75K,

'97 GMC Sonoma - 60K original

So, what is the correct mileage? confused24.gif chair.gif Please update your signature. happy11.gif

Your correct. That signature is old material. Obviously that truck isn't driven often. 3k a year maybe.

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jan 14 2016, 09:15 PM) *

Click to view attachment

My balls aren't that far down; yet. av-943.gif

Rockaria
I just bought my daughter a 97 GMC Sonoma. Paid all of $1,500. Then another Grand to get it running. Not a bad deal I thought... Its brown, auto, and a/c. It's actually a nice and comfortable little truck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.