Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chassis ID Plate
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ngk007
Hi All,
My name is Nick and I recently purchased a '75 914 2.0 that I am slowing restoring. I have a question about the Chassis ID tag that is riveted to the passenger side headlight support or lack there of one in my car, I can see where mine was removed and was wondering if anyone knows of any folks who could potentially reproduce it? I have attached a picture of one so you can see what I'm talking about. I've tried local engravers/printers in my area and am not having any luck. Any suggestions/leads would be appreciated!

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
welcome.png

I have never seen them reproduced ...
idea.gif
Coondog
Got no clue but your 914 was born on Sept 26, 1975. A Friday and it was the 39th delivered that day..... birthday3.gif
boxsterfan
No need to reproduce it. Never seen anyone do that anyway. Clean it up the best you can and rivet it back to the body. Document this work in your restore pictures.
ngk007
Ok, thanks for the welcome and if anyone else out there has any ideas on my issue here, I'm open to suggestions...
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 14 2016, 06:39 PM) *

welcome.png

I have never seen them reproduced ...

idea.gif

rgalla9146
QUOTE(Coondog @ Jan 14 2016, 07:31 PM) *

Got no clue but your 914 was born on Sept 26, 1975. A Friday and it was the 39th delivered that day..... birthday3.gif

Please decipher

Does your guide work on early and 6cyl. cars ?
Coondog
Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Jan 14 2016, 04:49 PM) *

No need to reproduce it. Never seen anyone do that anyway. Clean it up the best you can and rivet it back to the body. Document this work in your restore pictures.

Read his post. The picture is not his, just a reference. His is missing.
rolleyes.gif
boxsterfan
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 14 2016, 06:07 PM) *

rolleyes.gif

owned.gif
ngk007
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 14 2016, 09:07 PM) *

rolleyes.gif

Exactly and thanks for noticing.. biggrin.gif The picture is an example I found to show was I was looking for... I guess finding someone with the reverse imprinting capabilities is my biggest problem...
porschetub
QUOTE(Coondog @ Jan 15 2016, 02:36 PM) *

Thanks for the info,hadn't seen this before beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.