Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Calling Bobkat and other LS conversion Experts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pdlightning
I know it has been listed before, but time has passed and I needed clarification from the experts that have already completed their conversions.

I am using a Meziere 55 GPM pump on my LS conversion and remember comments that a Toyota Supra or similiar car radiator was utilized .My questions are as follows:

Which Meziere pump is best and how was the thermostat handled since it is removed with the stock pump? Am I close to remembering the Toyota Supra radiator? (Thanks Andy)

Also, I received the attached response from Meziere and wondered if someone had a water routing diagram to help in designing the system .

We do sell the WP316 water pump and others for the conversions. In the typical LS remote water pump you would run the 2 lines coming out of the pump go to the two lower ports on the front of the engine. The two upper port normally tee into 1 line at the engine and the thermostat would go in this line returning to the radiator. (Thanks to Jerry from Meziere)

Thanks to all for your continued support and guidance!
Andyrew
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=196107&hl=

Have you bought that water pump yet? If not you might consider a Davies Craig water pump.

http://daviescraig.com.au/electric-water-pumps

I bought this one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161666642895?_trks...K%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
BIGKAT_83
On my LS conversion I used a Dodge belt driven nascar engine water pump. I modified this to mount remote on the LS engine. This is a pump made by stewart.

On the front for the air intake I took out the rubber plugs in the holes and cut this area.
I then used a GT front valance and cut the matching opening in the front bumper.
I'm not using the Toyota Celica radiator but feel like it would work fine.

Meziere can sell you all the parts you need to install their pump on the LS engine.
Click to view attachment

My pump
Click to view attachment

I'll send you a pm with another option.

Bob
bulitt
I use the Dedenbear manifold and Elec water pump on my SBC but the pump would work on an LS.

Click to view attachment

I found this electronic controller which will manage the electric water pump and your fans. They also sell inline fan controllers.

http://daviescraig.com.au/product/lcd-ewp-...er-part-no-8000
1stworks
IPB Image
1stworks
IPB Image
andys
QUOTE(1stworks @ Jan 16 2016, 06:56 AM) *

IPB Image

I see you sketched an in line thermostat. Wouldn't that configuration bog down the electric WP?

Andys
1stworks
QUOTE(andys @ Jan 16 2016, 10:19 AM) *

IPB Image

I see you sketched an in line thermostat. Wouldn't that configuration bog down the electric WP?

Andys

T Stats still flows when closed.There's a small hole in it.
andys
QUOTE(1stworks @ Jan 16 2016, 10:17 AM) *

Andys

That electric WP flows 55 GPM, and the hole in the Tstat is awfully small for that much volume. I'm just concerned that there would be undue load on the electric motor in the WP until the Tstat opens. Does Meziere recommend this configuration?

Thanks,

Andys
1stworks
QUOTE(andys @ Jan 16 2016, 12:12 PM) *

QUOTE(1stworks @ Jan 16 2016, 10:17 AM) *

Andys

That electric WP flows 55 GPM, and the hole in the Tstat is awfully small for that much volume. I'm just concerned that there would be undue load on the electric motor in the WP until the Tstat opens. Does Meziere recommend this configuration?

Thanks,

Andys

No problems using this setup.Have a few thousand miles.
This Renagade recommendation....
You'll kill your motor if you don't run it at operating temp.

IPB Image
pdlightning
QUOTE(pdlightning @ Jan 15 2016, 06:49 PM) *

I know it has been listed before, but time has passed and I needed clarification from the experts that have already completed their conversions.

I am using a Meziere 55 GPM pump on my LS conversion and remember comments that a Toyota Supra or similiar car radiator was utilized .My questions are as follows:

Which Meziere pump is best and how was the thermostat handled since it is removed with the stock pump? Am I close to remembering the Toyota Supra radiator? (Thanks Andy)

Also, I received the attached response from Meziere and wondered if someone had a water routing diagram to help in designing the system .

We do sell the WP316 water pump and others for the conversions. In the typical LS remote water pump you would run the 2 lines coming out of the pump go to the two lower ports on the front of the engine. The two upper port normally tee into 1 line at the engine and the thermostat would go in this line returning to the radiator. (Thanks to Jerry from Meziere)

Thanks to all for your continued support and guidance!

With all this excellent information, I will have to consult with my engineering consultant (Andy) to figure out everything. I am very appreciative of the information, thanks.

I couldn't do this without your help and Andy's guidance. pray.gif
jimkelly
wow. I like this. seems to be a lot less hose on the front of a sbc.

QUOTE(bulitt @ Jan 16 2016, 07:44 AM) *

I use the Dedenbear manifold and Elec water pump on my SBC but the pump would work on an LS.

Click to view attachment

I found this electronic controller which will manage the electric water pump and your fans. They also sell inline fan controllers.

http://daviescraig.com.au/product/lcd-ewp-...er-part-no-8000

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.