Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: moving/adjusting the windows
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914 RZ-1
I need to adjust the fore/aft position of my driver's side window. The car is a 72 but the door is a later one, as shown in the picture.

Do I/can I move the window forward? I'm thinking I need to take it out of the lift bracket and re-position it. Is there another way?

I can't close the window all the way or it hits the roof. I can tell that it just needs to be pushed forward a bit. I tried tapping it with a rubber hammer to no avail. I loosened some bolts as well to see if that helped, to no avail. The Haynes manual was not much help.

Any suggestions?
era vulgaris
Judging by your picture #2, your B-post is positioned fine and doesn't need to be moved.
In your picture #3, "C" is going to adjust how far up your window can travel, and "D" and "E" are going to allow you to adjust the tilt. You'll need to play with them.
cpavlenko
QUOTE(scotty boy @ Jan 16 2016, 05:06 AM) *

not sure if this is the same door but for pic 1 you can adjust the B column inward adjustment screw #2

Click to view attachment

that fig. is for the early type door window.
r_towle
The bolts that attach the glass to the mechanism can be reached though the door when the window is in a specific position.
So, remove everything inside and then put the window handle back on and start rolling it down till you see the nuts in the openings of the door....hard to explain, but you can see them.
Loosen them and slide the window forward.

You may need to move that front pillar, it looks like the top is too far forward.
That can be done with the top nut for the pillar loosened and the bottom nut used to angle the bar...both are movable.

Now, the last part is tricky and may not make sense.
The back top of the window when closed is controlled by both the front pillar, and the door angle itself.
So the front pillar can be adjusted to a point, but it you go all the way and there is still a gap, you will need to back off the front pillar making the back of the window really far away from the car, and then adjust the door itself to angle the top of the door in.
Once you tip the door in, start adjusting again.

Rich
rgalla9146

Do I see a stainless guide on the front edge of your glass ?
That does not belong on a late door,
There should be a felty rubber guide inside the front column.
Make sure you have the right column for a late door.
If those parts are jumbled you'll have to fix that before adjustments can be made.
914 RZ-1
So I consulted a friend and fellow 914er and he surmised, based on a thorough inspection, that I have a late model door with early model window, "B" pillar and triangle glass. That's what seems to be causing the problem.

Is the glass available from auto glass places?

I guess I'll post a WTB ad for a "B" pillar for a late model door.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(914 RZ-1 @ Jan 19 2016, 11:42 PM) *

So I consulted a friend and fellow 914er and he surmised, based on a thorough inspection, that I have a late model door with early model window, "B" pillar and triangle glass. That's what seems to be causing the problem.

Is the glass available from auto glass places?

I guess I'll post a WTB ad for a "B" pillar for a late model door.

See reply # 5

Unlikely you'll find door glass at an auto glass place.
If you are reading this you are already at the best source
All triangle glass is the same except for tint.
Delour 1 or Sekurit 1 is non tinted , change the 1 to an F for tinted
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.