Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Geoff, got the Janbo
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisReale
Got the Janbo in the mail today. Thanks. Any "been there, done that" tips you care to share with me?
Bleyseng
Try hooking up using the "pea brain" to see if it runs well that way. use the manual and go thru the tests to see if anything shows up.

Last car I ran it on for testing we didn't believe what it said, of course it was right as there was a problem in the MPS connection.

Geoff
ChrisReale
What the hell is the Pea Brain?
jones
Chris, My car was the last one it was used on and a BIG public thanks to Geoff for its use. Not only did he let me use it (for way to long) he also came out and gave me a hand. Anyway, the pea-brain takes the place of the MPS. On that setting the Janbo acts as the MPS without any possible vacuum leaks, primary or secondary circut problems etc. etc.. It IS the MPS. Just follow the instructions and all will make sense.
Some observations: There are a couple of sticky notes attached to the inside of the folder, remember those or you will have some skewed info. If your reading is not within the parameter on the unit, don't second-guess the unit; it is user error or a faulty component. Ask me how I know!!!
It is a pretty slick piece of testing equipment! Good luck.
Geoff, did I miss anything? And again thanks for it's use.
jones
One other point. A faulty component could also mean a bad wire harness.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.