Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 Euro P/C
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JimmyG
Doing my winter project. Will get my pics up soon.
I am looking for a supplier with the best price on new 94mm Mahle euro P/C's
039 198 075 A
Pelican shows 1395.00 and not sure if there Mahle Is there any other suppliers?
Any help would be appreciated!

Jimmy
porschetub
QUOTE(JimmyG @ Jan 17 2016, 06:34 AM) *

Doing my winter project. Will get my pics up soon.
I am looking for a supplier with the best price on new 94mm Mahle euro P/C's
039 198 075 A
Pelican shows 1395.00 and not sure if there Mahle Is there any other suppliers?
Any help would be appreciated!

Jimmy

European motorworks should have an option for you, been covered on here a bit,from what I hear they offer a good service,don't be put of going to a 96mm kit if that suits you,a handy increase in displacement is always worth it and requires no machine work to your engine.
I'am not suggesting AA performance kits because there has been bad feedback on some of there B&P sets but have never found out exactly what they are.
It seems the T4 kits out of Brazil are scarce hence the price which I expect Pelican to stock (please correct me if I'am wrong),CEO Dempsey has a very good knowledge of 914 parts,Dave Darling on here would know for sure.
The Mahle kits are very good and appears on my past experience they are well made and durable ,maybe you could post an add in the classified section someone may have an NOS kit for sale.
Good luck.
PancakePorsche
Good call going with the euro pistons. I had them in a finely tuned stock D-jet engine and it was as fast as my factory 6 on 87 octane gas + 30 MPG. They do indeed up the torque. Mine were Mahle and had over 150K miles when I sold the car.
JimmyG
Hopefully I can find a set that I can afford. As it seems they are really hard to come by!
Much harder than I thought. I want to build a correct block if possible. Really don't need more engine than a euro 2.0 so maybe I'll get lucky with a new set. I guess I do need to try classifieds I'm surprised you can't source them easily with over 200K cars produced !
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(porschetub @ Jan 17 2016, 09:40 PM) *

It seems the T4 kits out of Brazil are scarce hence the price which I expect Pelican to stock (please correct me if I'am wrong),CEO Dempsey has a very good knowledge of 914 parts,Dave Darling on here would know for sure.

Actually, I'm not tied into the Sales end of things at all. 914world members "bdstone" or "a914luvr" are, and they will know much better than I.

--DD
bigkensteele
There was a guy selling a new set for $600 in our local PCA mag. He may still have them since the ads expire after six months. They were last listed in November and they were first listed in May.

Go to page 23.
http://ovrpca.org/documents/Bent%20Pylon%2...mber%202015.pdf
JimmyG
Well somebody got lucky! He had already sold them. Really enjoyed talking to him. Has a real nice 912 E
bigkensteele
QUOTE(JimmyG @ Jan 20 2016, 09:46 AM) *

Well somebody got lucky! He had already sold them. Really enjoyed talking to him. Has a real nice 912 E

Bummer! I was hoping it would work out for you.

I wonder if JE makes an equivalent? idea.gif If your barrels are in good shape, you could just get new higher compression pistons. I have been shopping JEs on ebay for a 2.7 six that I am building, and you can find them for $950 all day long. Might be worth contacting them.
PotterPorsche
I agree have u asked je if they make 94mm forged Pistons. They make 94mm in vw forging. They already make 96mm forged je piston. This has been gone over numerous times. Take stock 94 Mahle barrels bore to 96mm. Use je 96 mm forged.
Old Yella
I found an NOS Mahle set 7.6:1 they were 700 bucks. That was cheap.

Try

http://www.ebsracing.com/catalog-3/vehicle/porsche/1974/914

or

http://www.germansupply.com/home/customer/...=330&page=5

German Supply had some 8.1 flat top at the time. But they were expensive. They appear to have some 7.6:1 039 198 075A Kolbenschmidt for 823.20

you can have some head work done to raise compression But I wouldn't bother my car runs well enough.

JimmyG
What you found Old Yella is about what I was thinking. I talked to some guys and was told you can get the euros new purchased singularly, cost about a grand for the set. I don't know if they are Mahle or KS. I personally don't know if the KS's are any different for the 14 but I don't like them for 911 so that makes me a bid gun shy. I sure have to give it a think. Only plan on doing this once.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.