Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: engine stand mounting options
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kingjp914
Looking around for engine mount options to build up a 2.0 and came across one from Zalex Industries. Anyone used one and would recommend?
jmill
Never used one. Are you talking the one you can mount a starter to and test run it without bolting it up to trans? (picture)

I just bought one with extra supports for a 6 that fit in my engine stand.

Niklas
Who sells these?
wndsnd
Looks intetesting but vague on the 911 and I notice they do not show a 911 engine mounted.

Looks like a full ring is recommended for 911, but are they saying it will not work on Porsche P201?

Anyone try this yet with headers and exhaust you would have to support the exhaust side as they say and it would be quite a rig.
wndsnd
QUOTE(kingjp914 @ Jan 16 2016, 02:59 PM) *

Looking around for engine mount options to build up a 2.0 and came across one from Zalex Industries. Anyone used one and would recommend?

Pelican Parts

Click to view attachment

$145.00. Or the P201. With Harbor Freight stand
914Sixer
Guy selling them over on theSamba.com. He has 2,3,4,5,6 arm mounts. Fits any engine stand. Starting price is $75 up. MADE IN USA.
saigon71
I went this route - seemed like the best value at $75. Use with Harbor Freight engine stand - just replace the factory yoke with this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-LOWER-PRICE-PO...1191417?vxp=mtr

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.