Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Metal Dash Removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lsintampa
So, I'm in the middle of a significant project.

My new dash (Thanks Mark) should arrive this week, along with new padding and vinyl for the top, new inside windshield gasket, new metal face plate and vinyl, etc.

I've already updated the gauges and idiot lights with LED's. Replaced the fuse box with a J-West box.

I just got the stupid inside windshield gasket out. For those that have - you know what a pain in the ass it is. For those that may be thinking about it - tape up your vents, plan to clean up after (allow a few hours for cleanup), and OH BTW, wear safety goggles. Ask me how I know.

In anticipation of doing the new dash, I'm looking at that metal dash that everything bolts onto.

I've seen them (just the metal frame) before, but I can't seem to figure out how to remove it.

I'm not sure it will be worth the trouble.

Anyone know how that puppy comes out?

Thanks,

Len

lsintampa
Never mind - found it.

Looks simple enough - some of the nuts are hard to get to, but seems fairly straight forward.

Still not sure if it's worth it.

I'd like to pull it so I can get all the old foam and glue off, then refinish it with POR or something.

Anyway, I found a thread that goes over the process.

Thanks,

Len
Jett
Just found the link : http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...42757&st=20
QUOTE(lsintampa @ Jan 16 2016, 12:59 PM) *

Never mind - found it.

Looks simple enough - some of the nuts are hard to get to, but seems fairly straight forward.

Still not sure if it's worth it.

I'd like to pull it so I can get all the old foam and glue off, then refinish it with POR or something.

Anyway, I found a thread that goes over the process.

Thanks,

Len
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.