Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Every man needs to talk his wife into this!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Unobtanium-inc
So far my wife isn't with it, but I'm not giving up hope!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/b/d74...02-8a4e15ab5912
BeemerSteve
Sorry....I think that dude is a bit obsessed. I had an obsession with a few cars once now I've been divorced now for 5 years. You'd think I can have anything I want now but divorce is not cheap. A word of advise....take care of your wife if you have one and don't let your hobby get away from you. I always thought my wife was in to it especially after 22 years of marriage......I guess I thought I knew her!
Sedonut
QUOTE(BeemerSteve @ Jan 16 2016, 06:14 PM) *

Sorry....I think that dude is a bit obsessed. I had an obsession with a few cars once now I've been divorced now for 5 years. You'd think I can have anything I want now but divorce is not cheap. A word of advise....take care of your wife if you have one and don't let your hobby get away from you. I always thought my wife was in to it especially after 22 years of marriage......I guess I thought I knew her!

It doesn't matter if you take care of your wife or not, some stay, most go. I've had some women I've taken great care of , they still split. I know some women who are married to absolute assholes, and the women stay. That's only about 5% of women though. It's our current society, women "feel" they might get a better deal elsewhere, there are no penalties for leaving, in fact they get parting gifts, spousal support, child support, half your stuff, so they split.

See MGTOW.com

Cool house, it needs a bigger garage, maybe with a lift.
Unobtanium-inc
I've found a balance of the things you love in life goes a long way. The car is kind of like the mistress. So far so good, it's been 16 years.
JmuRiz
Cool car and house, but that guy is nuts.

My wife is cool enough to have done the drawings for the garage build and will do the interior finishing work biggrin.gif
mepstein
Shush, don't tell the wife
mepstein
And too bad the guy didn't at least choose a long hood
Coondog
Just as long as my wife has QVC my Porsche purchases go unnoticed.
euro911
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 16 2016, 07:10 PM) *
Shush, don't tell the wife
Yeah, I usually have to wait until she goes out for a long day of shopping to pull that stunt. Same with baking painted parts in the oven happy11.gif
pete000
I like the drip grate to catch the oil !
r_towle
That is a stupid house, sorry.
toolguy
When I restored my car, I'd get each component all done and perfect, and bring into my living room. . . after 6 months I had the whole car, minus the tub and motor spread out nicely on the floor. . .
reassembling was a breeze. . just go inside and get the like new parts and bolt it up. .

Nope, not married. . not sure many gals would put up with that. .
Here is one small portion
Sedonut
QUOTE(toolguy @ Jan 17 2016, 12:05 AM) *

When I restored my car, I'd get each component all done and perfect, and bring into my living room. . . after 6 months I had the whole car, minus the tub and motor spread out nicely on the floor. . .
reassembling was a breeze. . just go inside and get the like new parts and bolt it up. .

I restored a motorcycle in my living room. I have one sitting in there now. I'm planning on rebuilding my engine in there also. It's warmer than my garage. I have white carpet, I just lay down some plastic, plus with new parts they are perfectly clean.

Oddly enough I don't have a wife either. idea.gif
euro911
QUOTE(toolguy @ Jan 16 2016, 11:05 PM) *

Kind of like when we kids, building Revel and Monogram model kits ... everything laid out ready to assemble shades.gif
wndsrfr
QUOTE(toolguy @ Jan 16 2016, 11:05 PM) *

Nice quilt....is it OEM? biggrin.gif
zipedadoo
Guys, you just have to find the right gal.

Been married 21 years. A few years ago i decided to build a tank.......... My wife helped me build the tracks, in our living room while we watched The winter Olympics, figure skating. It's all about a little compromise. smoke.gif

IPB Image

Hank914
QUOTE(zipedadoo @ Jan 17 2016, 08:24 AM) *

Been married 21 years. A few years ago i decided to build a tank.......... My wife helped me build the tracks, in our living room while we watched The winter Olympics, figure skating. It's all about a little compromise. smoke.gif

IPB Image

Once you both got it all assembled how did you get it out of the living room?

Maybe just drove it out the side wall, and then called the contractor to fix the hole in the wall?
zipedadoo
Read: "Tracks" not "Tank"...smile.gif
jd74914
QUOTE(zipedadoo @ Jan 17 2016, 11:24 AM) *

IPB Image

Sorry to hijack this thread, but you build a M1A1 Abrams and are just going to pot one picture? shades.gif happy11.gif Do you have any more you can share?
Sedonut
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Jan 17 2016, 10:36 PM) *

QUOTE(zipedadoo @ Jan 17 2016, 11:24 AM) *

IPB Image

Sorry to hijack this thread, but you build a M1A1 Abrams and are just going to pot one picture? shades.gif happy11.gif Do you have any more you can share?

Building that makes restoring a 914 look like a toy.
bretth
All I can think of is every time the car is started and running it fills the house with carbon monoxide. WTF.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(bretth @ Jan 18 2016, 01:41 AM) *

All I can think of is every time the car is started and running it fills the house with carbon monoxide. WTF.gif

Garage queen
Big Len
I would hope my wife would talk me out of this, then enroll me in Neurotics Anonymous.
Bulldog9
A similar concept. http://investinmiami.com/porsche-design-tower/#.VpzptiorLtQ

Each to his own, and I'm not opposed to having an awesome gagage in view of the living are of the house, but that dude has some issues... A bit creepy if you ask me. screwy.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(Steve Pratel @ Jan 18 2016, 08:57 AM) *

A similar concept. http://investinmiami.com/porsche-design-tower/#.VpzptiorLtQ

Each to his own, and I'm not opposed to having an awesome gagage in view of the living are of the house, but that dude has some issues... A bit creepy if you ask me. screwy.gif

Ok, fine....
That would be a cool place to have a top floor suite, but I wonder how long it takes to get the car out at rush hour.
PlantMan
My wife loves Porsches but I don't think she would want to look at them all the time.
Plus, if you have ever seen my garage you definitely would not want to look in there all the time!
tomrev
Yup, the right woman is the key; 40 years with out ever having a daily driver in the garage, so the projects can sleep happy, and she bleeds brakes!
BuddyV
I like my Porsche.... but I like riding my wife better. She would lose all interest if I presented this idea...... and she's BARELY interested now.

Pass on this house.

beerchug.gif
r_towle
I was gonna go there, obviously I would like to convince my wife on many other things and this would be way down on my list.
AndyB
I take care of my wife and she watches over my budget. That house is not my cup of tea. After many years of not being around I have come up with something that makes sense to me, family first.
ThePaintedMan
beerchug.gif agree.gif
scotty b
I bet he goes through a lot of kleenex and glass cleaner too mellow.gif

icon8.gif
bulitt
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 18 2016, 10:24 PM) *

I bet he goes through a lot of kleenex and glass cleaner too mellow.gif

icon8.gif

My dog places nose prints about 20" high on all the glass doors, stainless appliances.
My wife admonishes him. sad.gif
Then the granddaughter places handprints on the same stuff and now Grandma says she is so cute lol-2.gif
Poor dog, second class citizen. blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.