Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Camshaft ID 021 109 101J w/ 021 109 111C gear
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
I picked this camshaft up but I cannot find any info on it. I THINK it may be a Bus camshaft but I checked on theSamba but nothing showed up. The guy I bought it from says the shaft has number stamped on it BUT I have never seen one on a shaft. I checked the used one I have and could not find a stamp anywhere. Cam has a white band on it. The 2.0 used one has a red/orange band. I know that the 111C makes it a 0 gear lash. It has 1.7 in red magic marker on the front.
TheCabinetmaker
Googling that number led to a thread on the samba that says it's a bus hydro cam. The # stamped on the cam is a billet #. I'll bet Mark Henry would know for sure.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Jan 16 2016, 10:06 PM) *

I'll bet Mark Henry would know for sure.

Sometimes.... smile.gif

Ring on each side of the center stock cam journal = Hydro cam

EDIT: Had to look this up, the above should be = Hydro cam w/automatic transmission
914Sixer
When I read theSamba article it gets confusing. It says the two rings around the center journal indicate it is for a auto trans bus. Again the article says hydro cams have no rings on center journal. I am going to go with what Mark says, Hydro with auto trans.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.